anybody have a alaskan on a dually?

socal

i have a 99 dodge 4x4 dually and wanted to put my 10 ft camper on it but i don't think i have the right jacks to do it

I have some you can buy if you are near Norcal.. Humboldt specifically. I posted them on craigslist but they never sold.

I used the original jacks placed in the middle of the camper. I backed up until the jacks were at the dually bed sides. I lowered the camper onto the back of the bed and some saw horses so I could reposition the jacks further back. Backed up the truck a little more then pushed it in the last few feet by hand.

Alaskan1Compressed.jpg

New guy here but...

I have the 8' NCO recently purchased. Installed on a 96 Dodge Dually.

I have plywood between the camper and the truck bed. I am thinking that I would raise up the back of the camper then slide in two 1k capacity furniture dolly's under the middle of the camper lower the camper on to the dollys. Then roll the center of the camper out to the tailgate and then lift it again with the jacks in the middle of the camper and drive the truck out. Probably not as safe as using four jacks but, a set of jacks costs as much as I paid for the camper.

Those Reico thd's are the best for the camper....but std 1500# reicos will work as well....and you can find them on craigslist from time to time....the box extensions are the trick with the duallys...and they will work with the 1500# jacks too

with the dollys.....just be cautious of the level of the area you're working on.....things happen real fast.....just like the roller derby.. :D

Thanks Rusty,

I plan on putting a small board in the space between the bed and the tailgate so the dollys will stop there. That will place the center of the camper right where I can put the jacks on it. (I hope).

Back
Top Bottom