Anyone converting their trucks to hydrogen?

ColoradoGuy

Been reading on the Internet about homemade kits that boost gas mileage as much as 75 percent. Any forum members doing this? Mileage on my '06 Tacoma was 22 mpg on our trip to the factory to pick up our Eagle shell. Now I routinely get about 15-16 depending on wind, etc.

Converting water into hydrogen is a subject that's long interested me. Now it appears to be in reach of the masses, yet little is said about it.

Anybody doing this?

Been reading on the Internet about homemade kits that boost gas mileage as much as 75 percent. Any forum members doing this? Mileage on my '06 Tacoma was 22 mpg on our trip to the factory to pick up our Eagle shell. Now I routinely get about 15-16 depending on wind, etc.

Converting water into hydrogen is a subject that's long interested me. Now it appears to be in reach of the masses, yet little is said about it.

Anybody doing this?

It's a scam, those kits do not really work as claimed. Any mileage improvement is done by leaning out the mixture via tampering with the O2 sensor.

60 minutes or one of thous type shows did a thing on that just last sunday

scam scam :thumb:

Those systems produce such a little amount of hydrogen that there is no way it could have any effect on your gas mileage.

I drove up to Tempe last summer to meet a guy selling these things. Big office in a beautiful building. Lots of graphics and testimonials. He took me out to his "FORD" Expedition and told me to sniff the exhuast while it was running and then wanted me to become a distributer. When he was done I was completely convinced and then he pulled a nickle out of my ear.

I saw one of those "this car gets 78 MPG" on an old 78 Monte Carlo. It was in the USPS Inspection Service Impound Lot. And the owner was doing something like 5 years in the federal pen at the time.

The only way to improve your MPG is to get rid of all the emission control stuff, then you'll see an improvement.

That or use the company's fuel card. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom