Anyone else feel the earthquake?

craig333

Riley's Human
I was in bed when the 5.7 earthquake centered around Greenville, CA hit. Definitely felt it shake. Talked to others at works, some noticed, some didn't. Greenville is not not far from my annual trip to Antelope Lake thats coming up in June. I'll be curious to see I find any earth movement when I'm out and about in the Jeep.

I felt it in Twain Harte, near Sonora. Pretty far away, but it was also pretty mild for us. Reminiscent of living in Los Angeles and living in fear of the big one. Can't say I miss it.

:LOL:
Sure did, thought some deer were dancing on my roof, my buddy up at Eagle Lake thought someone was on his deck; anyway it was just over the hill from Susanville, around Greenville and the lake area, and at least it wasn't Lassen blowing it's top, so we are still here! Got a message from Ski right after it started asking what i felt! Guess there were a whole bunch of aftershocks!

Smoke

Sitting on the couch and thought the dog was bumping into it, then noticed she was across the room. Not bad in Sactown..

Attachments

• sac earthquake.jpg
    sac earthquake.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 415
Lassen last blew in 1918. Mount St. Helens in 1980. Numerous earthquakes and tsunamis since. When I'm out camping I usually think of everything as being so static. Little reminders just how active our planet is.

Sitting on the couch and thought the dog was bumping into it, then noticed she was across the room. Not bad in Sactown..

Way funny Sactown post.

Felt several seconds of bumps in Nevada City. The tea pot was bouncing on the stove.

I was in Chico yesterday. Many of the students were telling their parents about it. For many of them, I think it was their first earthquake experience. Not sure but it sounded like they came through it okay.
cool.gif

There was a 4.9 outside Goleta/SB CA this morning. Shook things pretty well. Being a structural engineer I quite enjoyed it! :) Anyone else feel it?

SunMan said:
Felt it pretty good on the second deck of my hangar down at Point Mugu.
I was sitting in the Fighter/Attack Branch powerplants shop at Pt. Mugu in 1975 or '76 when I felt my first earthquake. Remember the hanger doors rattling and making this god awful sound.

Espresso said:
I was in Chico yesterday. Many of the students were telling their parents about it. For many of them, I think it was their first earthquake experience. Not sure but it sounded like they came through it okay.
cool.gif

I'm sure that 5th & Ivy saw many inebriated celebrants though I'm not sure how you could tell that from any other day in the Greek Ghetto.

Back
Top Bottom