Anyone else heading out the Labor day Holiday?

craig333

Riley's Human
Four days off and not really having the option of staying home and avoiding the crowds, I'll be heading down 395. Kavanagh Ridge and Bald Mountain lookout are my plans, anything else is a bonus. The new Inyo National Forest Atlas will get a workout.

Hannagan Meadow area in the White Mountains of AZ. Haven't been there before so open mind and trying to find someplace with no cell service and few people.

Weather looks phenomenal. Warm days, cool nights. Who could ask for more. I'm sure I'll see crowds on the highway but not off pavement. Waiting for the dryer to finish and heading out. Kinda doubt I'll make it Bridgeport but since I know where I want to camp showing up in the dark isn't out of the question.

We have the short week off so will be heading out to meet some lake friends at a secret northern location.

Just this am were discussing maybe deferring departing until Sun to avoid crowds. I dislike vacation timing attached to long weekends because of crowds and traffic but this year we had visiting relatives in town so had to rearrange our booking - not that we are avoiding them or anything ...

do not forget the "burners" will be heading home along 395 along with regular weekenders!

This is the weekend we stay home. things will be calm after the migration !

Les,lqhikers

Yep-burners out in force up here, wind is raising hell with some of their events. Smoke is starting to clear up here, but will spend the holiday stacking wood and doing yard work-then mid week take a trip somewhere when they all leave (ain't retirement grand- :p )!!!

Smoke

Nope, but I did pop the top in the driveway so I could finish some things inside in preparation for a trip to Utah. Too frigging hot in Indiana. Trying some air inflated pads, so tomorrow we can lay in bed dreaming while we test them.

After the weekend we are heading across to Christmas Valley ORegon and thence south toward Reno.

Hope to get off the slab (395) as much as possible.

The homeward leg will take us out toward far SE Oregon and then back across to the north coast.

Only have about ten days .

"Hi!" to whomever we pass or pass by.....tan 90's Chevy with a Hawk.

David Graves

LOCATION 65º 20'N 114º 01'W Peterson's Point Lake Lodge. Get away from heat and smoke for a while. Though the last two days has been nice around here for a change.

Back
Top Bottom