Anyone heading to Baja?

We will be heading down in December and January for a few weeks as per usual. No change in protocol for us.

Question for some of you that travel Baja frequently. Where do you buy your truck/camper insurance? I can't remember where we bought ours last time.

We are going for all of February (also with our dog) ... What's this I hear you can only bring in a few days of dog food?
Also interested in Insurance (I have been told "Discover Baja" Auto Insurance?). This is our first trip ...coming from New England.

I have been steered to this company and in the attached application they have a section for a slide in camper... plate # etc. Any advice on what should be filled out and what should be blank as I have an Eagle and not sure if FWC is deemed a "slide-in" (no plates)

Attachments

• Mex.Ins..pdf
    336.6 KB · Views: 31
Hi,
Baja Bound was the company we used last time, and we will most likely go this route again.
More research into where to go and explore, but have a few set dates/places.
Super excited, early snow in MT has got me craving fish tacos.
w

Whoa... I checked Baja Bound and the 3 insurance Times: 37 days $900.... 6 Months $484 and 1 year $675
I put in my truck and slide in FWC Truck value 27K camper 15K
Ouch. Am I a newbie and that is normal or am I clicking the wrong boxes?

Baja Nomads used to be a good source of info generally about travel south of the border.

Increasingly it seems strong personalities with either a profit motive or a "me , me , me, me" persona have soured my taste of the "info" found on that discussion forum.

It may be that all one can do is read through the archives, put it all in a blender and then proceed with care.

David Graves

I’ve used Baja Bound once and used a membership to Vagabundos del Mar (a Baja focused travel club) and their insurance partners the other.

The insurers through Vagabundos were a little bit cheaper and I was able to insure through Chubb which is a larger global insurance company that probably has deeper pockets.

That was almost three years ago, pre-Covid so thing might have changed quite a bit.

That said, your rates seem very similar to ours.

Well, how many made the trip to Baja this winter? We decided to leave the camper off the truck this winter and just fly to Huatulco for a few weeks. The main reason was being we did a long trip last summer I didn't really feel like doing that much driving again this winter. I did talk to a few Canadians that were traveling mainland Mexico in their truck campers and were enjoying it . Maybe something to consider for next winter?????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom