Anyone install cargo track inside their campers?

So Cal Adventurer

Hey All

Has anyone installed Cargo Track (goes by several different names) in their camper to secure loads while moving?

I am still planning my build and thinking of these along the inside walls on the floor to secure camp chairs and some Rubbermaid totes while on the move.

For some reason it wont let me attach a link or pic, but they are aluminum tracks, with little circular clips that can be moved along it.

Thanks

Question: How and where do these get attached? I am very reluctant to screw or drill into the walls or roof without knowing exactly what I am drilling into. How does one determine if the attachment location is strong enough and will not compromise the integrity of the camper?

Thanks..Phil

Wallowa said:
Question: How and where do these get attached? I am very reluctant to screw or drill into the walls or roof without knowing exactly what I am drilling into. How does one determine if the attachment location is strong enough and will not compromise the integrity of the camper?

Thanks..Phil
That’s exactly why I’m asking

I'm following this topic but have been thinking about this as I have a shell FWC Raven with just the factory "benches" on either side. I like the ability to keep things in boxes and move them into the F150 to make room in the camper and just like the more open feel and (relative) "roominess" over the fully outfitted FWCs where there are cabinets to tuck in your gear, kitchen stuff, etc. For now, I mostly just move things to the floor for travel and, as I said, I keep things in flip top plastic boxes (Home Depot, Husky box, etc). I think footman loops can be attached to the existing cabinetry in such a way as to allow attachment of straps, bungees, etc. The nice thing about footman loops attached into the cabinets is they are small but also can be removed later and you can find places to attach them without worrying about the unseen aluminum structure. It'd be nice if FWC had a dimensioned drawing available so you could measure out where the aluminum structure is. Anybody know if such a thing is available to the second hand owner?

Wallowa said:

Thanks..Phil
Mine are laid flat, screwed through the carpet and into the wood just in front of the side window in my Eagle. I too want to avoid putting screws into walls and ceilings. Mine has been used to secure chairs, folding bikes and any number of other things and it has never failed.

I put 2 strips in low just above the turnbuckle access door and then singles up higher through the interior siding to the aluminum framing.

sq_DVO9oTVUtoYILdXzEdE4s9FGjRCbj90BObwjKxEblsfjSTXvjDWcS-RLveTJBxj5oR4Lw2KE4AbzFo4xnaONKJDSAWhO4T7KYFo6fN9dCOsZfPFTLQE1LBP68gPknVYFQwRJLGedherYfO4_whe-pNbzrEB15VPwe8mtdzQvf5dAhyuEQGESInHMx5ZYMzgsI1KhqxH0NqmAA1HaGqJDY9Yka14h5rXL6fbCutgv4XJal82tGbTYDfhsfYlziqdIpe3SI55GiNFaPnUYgzW_P_nHd5nhnkKB1PQONggc2d8gUYD3cq63z9vnAozsYO3NwxBwXu52hd1FWyR36GQHZi_1NRnsa_6_qWX2YvpweIBY8mx6VAQpME-ICN7zNuo0Xkin4bFVP5huYktw19DrczMUKrRdEuQy9B6cL7pIJHqRolFqB4nQTaVk5svENFBpBfd7rbffTHfqyqs7KP_UZaOIf5I4-zdJsSdTF8U0BMT3-ZWMvs-TjTTsmHmYQVzxOvPVs9hpiRv1N4U2mJ3gPlvgOTzNk1RFvQ1BHHQgG2sljM9tgzazJNlCN21ElAcrbzhbV8cCQd2DQek9RtrVkgLAWZIsTeqplXu9h=w516-h916-no

jaFMOIVlNfrU83l_mvcRv3AeEpYlHQEqoe6LS_RTc8XMiOXqLn7dmGSwWPbiO64BUv6KS6W-IWEfgdQC2n5M3gzn1vR8tEQwjHGzr4rDnJuauQD_7VOEFpInaZCUcMLn3hbq_FxB0wC9r7xuUKLn3Ol75yCHGNYS2FaOyiUYA856OPfjsAU7CmCwA5NuGdN65v4d7Uo0FlyHtGQYJvvi2d9ofOJEAv-bj86jCNj6e3qu5-KKJvzaAAWLm55trKabcS-7HY5FrX9q-tV4cbinc_-U20VIyGXM3R-w49l8foev_9yGOYxfKPYympa_aCHPx5p7Wt_LNEPm6EudQycy3Ln9VnWk_XquGWs7nSrUFXTX1qAigPoTyS2iDIyZ3yPwfUpsciVi18SkpY8ve9vOplIcMQWwLyjsu_a7SZ-yRXxP-eB6eZonInchFrHIRFW5ceMNqUu-GCJaGF-GKkz3WsTMKl0tlgpfyrCy2cZznGGNW0sMfTeI_-kBycgFjWR97mvYVWRwQ5dtx9JkZr2yeqaz9er8LzrNg0wjuIlOBVpfsjrX7Jv77jD8fWZSi-LwXA8AMysRHi5P9raLvf0TTFuv_wBCyHhyI5UZsJu1=w516-h916-no

Cargo Track: $25 per foot or more and 3000 lb load rating to secure a camp chair or plastic box??? I just don't get it. I use footman loops and bungee cords.

Backroad Joe said:
Cargo Track: $25 per foot or more and 3000 lb load rating to secure a camp chair or plastic box??? I just don't get it. I use footman loops and bungee cords.
Your price is off quite a bit. I got (2) 6ft sections for $40 for my last build.

munchmeister said:
It'd be nice if FWC had a dimensioned drawing available so you could measure out where the aluminum structure is. Anybody know if such a thing is available to the second hand owner?
Ya think? I'm buying my THIRD FWC in five years and do you think they could come up with an actual drawing on where the structural members are for even the original buyer?

Let me stop the suspense. The answer is...

NO!

Durango1 said:
Ya think? I'm buying my THIRD FWC in five years and do you think they could come up with an actual drawing on where the structural members are for even the original buyer?

Let me stop the suspense. The answer is...

NO!

Just remove several screws from the top of the interior panels, pull it back and look down. What's the big deal?

On the rear of the camper, You can remove a single section of the exterior siding by just grabbing the edge and sliding it out after removing the edge guards. Exposing the aluminum structure. Slide it back in, replace the edging and your done....Kirk Out

Backroad Joe said:
US Cargo Control, about $6/foot, I put in two 4 foot tracks and about 6 singles with rings and hardware for around $100. Very happy with the utility of it and looks.

Backroad Joe said:
I agree.A lot cheaper and lighter too. With more mounting options. Ron

Back
Top Bottom