Anyone know what this rubber part is, fell off truck/camper.

wicked1

Hello,
I just got back from a few weeks in the mountains, on rough roads. Doing my post-trip cleanup. Truck is parked on my driveway. Went out this morning, and found this rubber thing under the truck.. Anyone know what it is?
I don't think it's from inside the camper.. Likely something from mounting the camper to the truck, or a part of the truck.. It's very dense rubber.
I had a missing bolt where the truck flatbed attaches to the frame, so that broke during this trip. I also wire-wheeled my leaf springs after this trip to paint them.. I think I would have noticed something like this in that process, but it's possible.

Anyway. Does anyone recognize this random little rubber piece?

Thank you..

Attachments

• rubberpartfront.JPG
    rubberpartfront.JPG
    335.7 KB · Views: 108
Rear looks like it had a press-in type fitting that tore off.

Attachments

• rubberpartback.JPG
    rubberpartback.JPG
    349 KB · Views: 77
This pad is only about 1.5x1". I'm not sure how big spring pads are.. If they're as wide as the leafs, then this isn't that..

And I know about the thin pads that go between the leafs, but where would a pad of this thickness go? Under the entire pack, where it mounts to the frame or axle?

There's no metal on this.. But it was under the exhaust side of the truck, so I will look all around there tomorrow.

Someone on the truck forum posted a pic of Bazooka chewing gum, and it's a pretty close match, but I tried it, and this doesn't taste good :).

Others are saying isolation pad.. Which, yeah, makes sense. I just don't know from where.
I will very very closely inspect the truck tomorrow.. I guess as long as the suspension and flatbed mounting all look good and the same all around, there's probably not too much to worry about.
I'm building up too many 'probablies' in this rig, tho.. ugh....

OK figured it out.. Time to laugh.. (which is how I expected this to resolve)

It's the foot of the ladder I was using to wash the top of the camper...

Back
Top Bottom