Anyone running a 4 door Tundra w/ 6'3" bed and 8 foot camper?

rich

Contributors
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately the T-100 Tranny just died at 226,000 miles since the cost of the tranny repair is very close to the blue book value of the truck I have decided to sell it as is as a mechanics special and finally bite the bullet on buying a new truck. Deciding between A pre 2007 4 door Tundra with the 6'3" bed, a 2007 and newer double cab (big extra cab) with a 6'6" bed or a 3/4 ton ford diesel. The diesel still just feels like too much truck for a daily driver and knowing nothing about diesel engines leaves me a it out of my comfort zone. I like the new Tundras except for the over abundance of plastic on the interior, the blind spots and the tunnel gauges. I really like the pre 2007 Tundra's better but they are a bit lighter duty and I have an old Fleet camper that is 8 feet long that I carry on a short bed 6'6" T100 now.

My question is, I guess the age old question, do those extra 3 inches count? :D Can I put an 8 ft camper on the shorter Tundra bed or do I need the full length short bed to do that?

Any input would help.

Thanks

My question is, I guess the age old question, do those extra 3 inches count? :D

Only in the bedroom... :eek:

I don't think it would matter for the camper.

Is anyone running a Grandby on the pre-'07 double cab? Someone must have tried it. I'd be curious about whether it needed any more suspension mods than the Tundras with Hawks.

Back
Top Bottom