Anyone tried this awning on a FWC?

you might want to do some research on the foxwing's temperament in wind. I was considering utilizing one on our rig and after some due diligence decided to look elsewhere. It is a beautiful design, though with its tendency to act like an unbrella in a breeze is not something i want to deal with...and the costs to repair the side of the rig after it goes up in the sky playing Marry Poppins ;O

I think the wind noise while trying to sleep might be annoying...

I just ordered a Grandby shell and currently own the foxwing on my current setup with 3 additional tapered panels to be able to create sidewall coverage and more complete sun/wind/rain protection. I'm currently running a 2012 dodge longbed with cab height capper. Foxwing is mounted on yakima rack. I absolutely love it. It handles incredibly well in high winds (no problem with 35-45 mph with gusts 60+). Wind noise is minimal as well because of how secure the tiedown systems are. Each pole has a tie down anchor, and each section of the wing has an additional tie down point in the center that acts as a great way to funnel and shed rain water as well. The only downside is the necessity of 2 people to set it up in high wind situations. On a calm day, solo is fine, but you need the extra set of hands to hold the wing as you stake down each pole and wing panel as you go when it's windy. There are a few good youtube videos illustrating the how-to's. I'll let you know how it works once mounted on the fwc as far as rear door clearance when sidemounted, but its durability and ease of use is superb.

That would be great to see your set up. I basically have an older version of your set up. Dodge, Grandby... I've been debating what to do for several years and in my mind settled on the Sunseeker although I really like the foxwing. I am not exactly sure how to mount it to the existing awing bracket as I had FWC add it but, left off the awing.

Back
Top Bottom