Anyone with a FWC Falcon near AZ?

roadtrip

I would really like to see a Falcon up close (full camper or shell model) to get an idea if it's a realistic option for 2 adults. I have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 with the 5' bed. I would really only use it for sleeping, not necessarily "living in" while camping. I need to see it popped up to see if I could even move around inside of it. I'm located in central AZ but I'm willing to drive a day away to see one before spending the money. Or if anyone that owns one is planning a trip that takes them through AZ I could try to meet up somewhere.

Thanks for reading....

Mike Willis
Payson, AZ

I would really like to see a Falcon up close (full camper or shell model) to get an idea if it's a realistic option for 2 adults. I have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 with the 5' bed. I would really only use it for sleeping, not necessarily "living in" while camping. I need to see it popped up to see if I could even move around inside of it. I'm located in central AZ but I'm willing to drive a day away to see one before spending the money. Or if anyone that owns one is planning a trip that takes them through AZ I could try to meet up somewhere.

Thanks for reading....

Mike Willis
Payson, AZ

Not a Falcon... but there are several Hawks in Tucson you could look at.

Kyle

Not a Falcon... but there are several Hawks in Tucson you could look at.

Kyle

Thanks for the quick reply Kyle. I've checked out the models for full size trucks when I had my GMC and Dodge full size short beds. I need to see the model for my Tacoma to get an idea of exactly how large (small? :oops: ) it is in person. I really like my Taco (paid it off last Oct!), plus I'm not in a position to buy another truck right now. I know I could go with a longer Finch or Eagle, but I prefer the looks of the Falcon (at least until I see a Finch on a 2001-04 Tacoma Double Cab).

Mike

I have a Bobcat in Las Cruces. While it is larger than the Finch, you can get an idea of the size and suitability for 2 adults with a little imagination.

Mike,

Someone in Payson owns an FWC on a Toyota. I've seen it at least twice as I'm passing through... Granted, they may not actually live in Payson, but I suspect they do...

If you want to look at my ATC Panther, I'm in Mesa.

FWC will be at Overland Expo on the 16th of April. The venue is near-ish Tucson.

Mike,

Someone in Payson owns an FWC on a Toyota. I've seen it at least twice as I'm passing through... Granted, they may not actually live in Payson, but I suspect they do...

If you want to look at my ATC Panther, I'm in Mesa.

FWC will be at Overland Expo on the 16th of April. The venue is near-ish Tucson.

Yeah, I've seen one (probably the same one) here too. I just can't hook up with them to check it out. As much as I'd like to get a camper on the truck, I really think we're going to wind up with a pop-up trailer. I don't like the thought of towing though.

Plus, it looks as though ATC has dropped the 5' bed model from their camper list - the "Puma" that used to be a 5' camper is now advertised as a Long Bed 8' camper. And FWC is steering customers towards the "Finch" model....

Thanks for the response!

Mike

Plus, it looks as though ATC has dropped the 5' bed model from their camper list - the "Puma" that used to be a 5' camper is now advertised as a Long Bed 8' camper. And FWC is steering customers towards the "Finch" model....

Mike,

I'm almost 100% certain ATC will build whatever you want. If you aren't living int it, I'd get a shell + furnace.

Maybe a flippak (also see AT, they build flippaks as well as trailers) would better suit you? Regardless, if you wait you'll see lots of options at the OverlandExpo. I suspect it's worth going.

Mike,

I'm almost 100% certain ATC will build whatever you want. If you aren't living int it, I'd get a shell + furnace.

Maybe a flippak (also see AT, they build flippaks as well as trailers) would better suit you? Regardless, if you wait you'll see lots of options at the OverlandExpo. I suspect it's worth going.

Thanks Scott. I've communicated with Ben at ATC several times in the past and he does sound like he would do whatever it takes to make a customer happy. I've checked out the FlipPak as well and really like the openness of it. And you're right about the shell model- since I already own a lot of camping equipment I too was thinking of just a shell model with a furnace.

Guess I'll head to Overland Expo!

Thanks again!

Mike

Thanks Scott. I've communicated with Ben at ATC several times in the past and he does sound like he would do whatever it takes to make a customer happy. I've checked out the FlipPak as well and really like the openness of it. And you're right about the shell model- since I already own a lot of camping equipment I too was thinking of just a shell model with a furnace.

Guess I'll head to Overland Expo!

Thanks again!

Mike

Mike,
Ben is no longer with ATC, but Marty, Jeff & Don will build you just about anything you want. They are presently doing a major upgrade
to my '96 Grandby. I can't say enough good things about the guys at ATC. Their customer service is the best in the business.

I'll be at Overland Expo..Maybe see you there.

Bob

Normally I'd be exploring Arizona this time of year but it seemed to me way wetter than normal so...

Anyway, I've got a falcon on an S10 and for two people I think it would work for "sleeping in" tho' it's definitely small for "hanging out" inside. The cabover bed is actually fairly large. I sleep sideways (kinda diagonal) when alone with the bed only partly pulled back. With two of us we sleep fore-aft with the bed fully pulled back.

Here's a link to one of my posts with pictures and there are others here in the forums:

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1237/

Rob

Normally I'd be exploring Arizona this time of year but it seemed to me way wetter than normal so...

Anyway, I've got a falcon on an S10 and for two people I think it would work for "sleeping in" tho' it's definitely small for "hanging out" inside. The cabover bed is actually fairly large. I sleep sideways (kinda diagonal) when alone with the bed only partly pulled back. With two of us we sleep fore-aft with the bed fully pulled back.

Here's a link to one of my posts with pictures and there are others here in the forums:

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1237/

Rob

Rob, how difficult is it to climb up into the bed when it's pulled all the way out? It appears there is little floor space left to climb up when looking at pictures of the inside on the FWC web site.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom