Are there any pics of a Eagle size camper on a full size F250, 2500, etc?

b team

I've seen someones pictures of a tundra (iirc) here but how would it look/fit on 3/4 or 1 ton truck.

My camper is pretty well dialed in and I wouldn't want to have to go out and buy a new larger camper as well as a new (to me) truck.

this is the closest I have

but it might give you the basic idea

the first picture is probably the best one to go by (newer, narrower truck)

the second picture is an Eagle on an older truck that has the really wide bed, so it doesn't look as nice

if done right, it could probably made to look OK

Attachments

• Eagle on Full Size Truck2.JPG
    Eagle on Full Size Truck2.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 936
  • Eagle on Full Size Truck 2.jpg
    Eagle on Full Size Truck 2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 935
Well I tried putting the camper on the dodge truck. It looks like I will have to raise it about 8" off the truck bed. I just used a couple of pallets but will have to build something more attractive and functional.

My plan is to build a wooden box. 3/4" ply on the top, 3/4 ply on the bottom and 2x8x8 between. I may have to cut the 2x8s down a bit to 6-7" I want to put drawers in the box so I can use the space as storage.

I'm a bit confused on how to tie the camper to the truck. Should I just use longer turnbuckles? I'm not sure If the box has to be fastened to the truck or camper or both.

The Packrat by weatherguard is really nice and would work great but weighs a few hundred pounds and is expensive.

PACKRATFord.jpg

If anyone has some pics of something like I plan to build that would help. If not then sit back and watch :D

B Team,
8 inches is about right. I used a grid of 4x4's to make the old camper fit the Ram. I'll tell you its scary jacking that camper up as high as you need to to drive the truck under it. Mine had to go up 45 inches from ground to the bottom of the camper. Very unstable.

bteam,
If you haven't thought of it already you may want to consider using kiln dried lumber, any standard lumber comes with a moisture content between 15 and 19% and a 2x8 will start out measuring 7 1/2" to 7 5/8" and dry to around 7 1/4". Or maybe 1 1/8" marine grade plywood, pricey stuff, but very stable. Just a thought.

one more pic (eagle on a long bed, dodge ram 2500)

sitting on a pallet (delivery purposes only)

Attachments

• Eagle on full sized dodge ram 2500.JPG
    Eagle on full sized dodge ram 2500.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 442
  • Eagle on full sized dodge ram 2500 #2.JPG
    Eagle on full sized dodge ram 2500 #2.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 427
Yes, project is done... i'll have to get some pictures

Back
Top Bottom