Arizona- The North Rim

Enjoying your trip and photos.Sure is different than the flat homeland.
Have you had much of the extreme heat?
I'll have to make a visit to the north rim after the Bryce and Zion parks.But I'll wait until the weather gets cooler.
It's nice to get away from the crowds and find such nice scenery.
Thanks for sharing.
Frank

Awesome pics folks, makes me homesick (lived in Southern Utah for 20 yrs). Riding your bike along the Rainbow Rim trail is an experience to be had...in the forest, then out at a point, then back into the forest...feels at times like the scooter scenes in Return of the Jedi. I bet its nice and cool up there now, with afternoon Thunderboomers...its Monsoon season afterall.

This is what I am talkin' about:

If you head to the North Rim Frank I also highly reccomend Snake Gulch, which is off Forest Road 22 (which is also how you get out to the points) on the eastern slope of the Kaibab, though not at this time of year. A) The snakes are out and they don't call it snake gulch for nothing :cool:. B. It's hotter than Hades down there in July and August. It's much better in October/early November, or March/April. The first couple miles are boring but then every 500-1000 ft there is a world class pictograph panel, and this goes on for miles and miles. Natives used Snake Gulch as a super highway to get on and off the Kaibab Plateau.

Here's a youtube vid of what you'll find in Snake Gulch (not mine).

Here is another message of kudos for your awesome trip. Enjoying the reports and photos. We need to head to Utah one of these days and the north rim looks fantastic too.

Back
Top Bottom