ATC - Lynx ready for action

liltex

Hello All,

You know ATC's Bobcat, Cougar and Panther. Here is the Lynx!
I wanted a narrower camper for visibility but I also wanted a longer camper like the FWC Fleet model '79 shell that I had hanging on the tailgate of my short bed Tacoma. My request: a camper with the long length of a Panther/Cougar and narrow width of the Bobcat. Strangely enough ATC already had a name (and sticker) for this model....the Lynx. How does the taxonomy of how the real animals (bobcat, panther and lynx) fit together?

My past experience with a FWC shell lead my down the same road. I like the shell model for all the space it offers. Two adults and a 10 year-old had plenty of room on our 8-night Spring Break camper initiation trip to the Eastern Sierras. Pix below are by Bishop.

The only modification I have made so far is a set 'ledges' that are a couch, seat or tables depending on their configuration. I'll post pix soon at the mods forum. I also spent 10 minutes adding a set of adhesive velcro dots to keep the latches from flapping around in the wind and keeping me awake all night. An air dam of some sort was on the to do list for the last camper...and still is for this one.

The camper addresses most of the issues I see on the FWC forum: notably, it has a comfortable bed and it fits on a short bed truck just fine. I have to add, the guys at ATC are knowledgeable, enthusiastic about what they do and great guys to work with. Feel free to contact me if you wanna check this camper out in Northern NV.

Thanks,
-lilitex

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 596
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 606
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 664
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 643
liltex,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the pics, always a good start. Best of Luck. Oh yeah, watch out for Les of lqhikers he might offer to give you his kayak or tent, but don't believe it.

:thumb:Welcome liltex...sweet set up, nice to see another ATC on the board. Look forward to more pics.

Hi Liltex and welcome to the forum, As you allready found out you will go far here with pictures:thumb:

I too had a early Fleet model and now a Ranger. I should know where those pictures are but I can't place it right...help...

I have a pile of rubber bands that if it is windy I just wrap the latches with a rubber band to stop the clanking noise. Did not think about Velcro.

Oh yea like the Nevada plate....

Very nice set up, lot's of room. I am happy with the guys from ATC. I had a few modifications I wanted and they were more than happy to work them out.
The air dam is a good idea. I noticed that when meeting semi's on two lane roads the blast really gets up under the cab and lets you know it. I didn't notice it as bad with my old camper as I do now.
What part of Nevada are you from? I like to go to the Mcdermitt / Denio area rockhunting, as a matter of fact the wife and I are hoping to be there around the first of May. Welcome to the site.

Welcome liltex!

The narrow long camper on the Tundra is a sweet set up.
The visibility factor is HUGE. I run an '02 Ranger on an '02 Tundra 4by..

I to am a member of the old fleet model club. I miss it, but I don't..

Nice looking rig! More Pic's please!

TT

Patrick, Alabama Hills maybe??

Welcome. Rig looks good!

I noticed there are no jack brackets. Did you take them off for visability purposes? If not, how did you get the camper on the truck?

Jack Brackets

Hey Brett.

On my Ranger I don't have the conner jack brackets either. You can order that way. I use the tripod cable jacks one on each side if I want it on or off. These take a alot more worry and fear level not to mention alot more could go wrong using them.:eek:

Hey Brett.

On my Ranger I don't have the conner jack brackets either. You can order that way. I use the tripod cable jacks one on each side if I want it on or off. These take a alot more worry and fear level not to mention alot more could go wrong using them.:eek:

I didn't realize that's how the cable jacks worked. Now that I know, I'm glad to have the brackets and mechanical ones because of the "hill" aka my driveway. Even with that setup, the camper "sways" a little. Good to know, thanks.

Speaking of jack brackets, are they customized to the FWCs or can I pick them up locally at an RV store?

Jacks

Heico jacks can be bought online, or probably at most large rv stores, or I have a perfect set of four I would like to sell or trade for cable jacks.

fisherman!

you forgot the famous tag line we have grown accustomed to!

EAT MORE FISH!

get it together.....you allright?

I'd get them from ATC. Easy enough to make your own but a fair amount of work drilling holes in metal that thick.

sometimes narrow is better...

I agree about the more narrow camper. When the ATC guys built my camper I asked them to make the camper just as wide as my my factory mirrors on my 02 Tundra. From my serious 4 wheeling days I always liked knowing that I could gauge the width of a tight trail by my mirrors.

It's worked perfectly.

CB

Back
Top Bottom