ATC Panther After One Year

Tuff Guy 62

Well, it's been one year since we had the Panther installed on the pickup by Jeff, Marty and the crew at ATC. The camper has been on full time since the install on our nearly 17 year old 1/2 ton pickup. The truck has handled the load without any issues. We haven't gone out as often as we would like, as Ms. Tuff Chick and myself are still working 40+ hours a week. However, we are getting out & about as often as our schedules permit. Our highest praise and kudos to the crew at ATC for an excellent product.

In the past year we have managed to get in 30 nights in the field, to include: southern Mother Lode, Yosemite, Carrizo Plain (five times), San Mateo County coast, Big Sur, Mojave Desert (Rainbow Basin & Pisgah Crater), Big Bear Lake & the San Bernardino Mtns., San Emigdio Mtns., Lassen, Crater Lake, John Day Country and Lava Beds.

During the course of our travels we have covered over 7,000 miles and the camper has performed flawlessly. The Carrizo Plain Spring 2016 WTW Rally organized by Bill Harr was a blast! We met many fellow WTW's to include: Bill Harr, Craig 333, Basin Deranged, Camel Racer, K6ON, Missing Link, Marc, Randy P, Vintage 62 & Fish Bamboo. All fine folk. The Mrs. and I are looking forward to meeting others during our future travels. A special thanks to Casa Escalarta Robles Too, who took time out of his schedule to meet with me and show off his rig before we made our camper purchase, thanks Frank.

Our most recent outing to the San Emigdio Mountains was a working trip, where we catered five meals for the South Coast Geological Society's field trip to the central San Andreas fault. Since our Panther is a shell model, we are able to fill'er up floor to ceiling with totes and kitchen gear to feed the multitude (67 people) of ravenous rock hounds.

We're heading back up to the San Mateo coast redwoods at the end on the month and we'll be out for a week in November to tour Picacho SP, KOFA and Joshua Tree. My goal for 2017 is to finally start on a travel blog so I can file proper trip reports to share with all of you. I'm so thankful that this forum exists as a place to share the ideas and idealism of like minded folk.

Lastly, a big shout out and job well done to the site administrators; Wandering Sagebrush, ski3pin, Mark BC and Ted, who thanklessly perform their tasks here on this forum, maintaining the demeanor and friendliness of a provincial crossroads village. Thank you gentlemen for all your efforts!!

See y'all on the road! :)

Great review, and thanks for the kind words for the team. This is a wonderful site.

I can't wait until my ATC Bobcat is done. Hopefully, we will rendezvous before long.

Any pictures of your camper and truck tuffguy62?

1990 Ford F-250
1997 fwc grandby

Brian,it was my pleasure giving any help I could. I enjoyed seeing your rig just after you got it.
Nice. Sounds like you are on your way to spending more time with it.
Have fun in your travels and do start a travel blog.We all enjoy blogs.
Frank

97 Granby was asking for photos of Tuff Guy's camper. Here are a few from the Carrizo trip. The first photo should be titled "leader of the pack," and he certainly lead us on a great geological tour of the area. Come to think of it, I don't know the correct biological designation for the last picture . . . . is it a pack of pop ups, a pride of pop ups, a gaggle of pop ups??

Attachments

• Tuff Truck #1.jpg
    Tuff Truck #1.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 196
  • Tuff Truck #2.jpg
    Tuff Truck #2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 240
  • Tuff Truck and Friends.jpg
    Tuff Truck and Friends.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 216
Missing Link said:
97 Granby was asking for photos of Tuff Guy's camper. Here are a few from the Carrizo trip. The first photo should be titled "leader of the pack," and he certainly lead us on a great geological tour of the area. Come to think of it, I don't know the correct biological designation for the last picture . . . . is it a pack of pop ups, a pride of pop ups, a gaggle of pop ups??
Rich I think it's a "Cult" of pop ups.
Thanks for the pictures.
Frank

Here's the definition of cabal...

"A cabal is a group of people united in some close design together, usually to promote their private views or interests in an ideology, state, or other community, often by intrigue, usually unbeknown to persons outside their group. The use of this term usually carries strong connotations of shadowy corners, back rooms and insidious influence. The term is frequently used in conspiracy theories; some Masonic conspiracy theories describe Freemasonry as an internationalist secret cabal."

I'm not sure we fit the strong connotations described, but I still like it.

Another CABAL tidbit... "The term "Cabal" has a double meaning in this context. It refers to the fact that, for perhaps the first time in English history, effective power in a royal council was shared by a group of men, a cabal, rather than dominated by a single "favourite". The term also serves as the acronym "C-A-B-A-L" for the names of the five Privy Councillors (Clifford, Arlington, Buckingham, Ashley-Cooper, and Lauderdale) who formed the council's Committee for Foreign Affairs."

Wow great pictures and looks like a great trip. It's always more fun to go camping with Like minded people.

1990 Ford F-250
1997 fwc grandby

Back
Top Bottom