Attaching the camper

BajaCamper

has anyone tried the TorkLift system to their FWC?
My turn-buckles always come loose. Every week I have to re-tighten them. after pull the camper off to get the frame re-welded i noticed that the front eye bolts are being pulled out of the bed. It seems that they get loose then the rig starts boucing and moving around and pull the eyebolts out further and further. They never had a chance to stay tight.
I think this is one of the reasons the frame broke.
Anyway I researched Torklift system and it seems tough. I like the fact that you can always see the tie downs. If they are loose you will be able to see them and address the problem before it becomes something bigger or even dangerous.

Has anyone used them and if so how did you mount it to the camper?

Sounds like you have a unique problem. I only hand-tighten my turn-buckles and they never come loose. And how are the eye bolts coming loose? I haven't looked at how mine were installed, but I would imagine that they used nylock nuts or loctite.

The bolts are being pulled thru the bed of the truck. The turn buckles that attach the camper to the truck bed are loosing up. They loosed up on only 3 miles of a smooth dirt road around Crowley Lake during a hunting trip with my sons.
I want to mount the camper to the frame so I don't ruin the truck bed or camper anymore.
There has to be a better way to attach the camper. The thin metal of a late model truck bed is not going to be enough if you take it off road.

I have also had problems with loose tiedowns. I have solved the problem with lock nuts and safety wire on each turnbuckle. I have noticed a small amount of distorsion of the front corners of the truck box where the tiedowns are located, but not enough to cause concern.

Cheers
Mark

Back
Top Bottom