Attempt at posting some pix of "Lista" the adventure camper....

Brian

These are some photos of our 1994 Mazda 4wd B4000 truck and vintage FWC camper shell (Eagle size model I think) and how we have it set up. There would be a 5 gallon water jug with pump on the left rear floor if we were on the road.

Attachments

• 2006-7 trip album1 001.jpg
    2006-7 trip album1 001.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 497
  • Arkansas rally and camper 017.jpg
    Arkansas rally and camper 017.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 473
  • Arkansas rally and camper 018.jpg
    Arkansas rally and camper 018.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 498
  • Arkansas rally and camper 024.jpg
    Arkansas rally and camper 024.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 466
  • Arkansas rally and camper 021.jpg
    Arkansas rally and camper 021.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 483
Nice set up Brian. The extra storage on the rear bumper looks good too.

In your first photo there is a very interesting looking Toyota Landcruiser with a German model looking camper in the background. Was that photo shot somewhere here in the states?

And welcome to the forum too!

Thanks...that picture was shot near the town of Teacapan, MX at Villas Onac RV park in December '06. The Toyota was an example of which we saw several, all from Germany and all built on late 70's model Toyota diesel chassis. Apparently that model Toyota is no longer made and they are perfect for that application. Several of the campers were built and offered by Tischer in Germany...this particular one was a different manufacturer.
Brian

Hi...yes it works great...I had been using a receiver hitch mounted step that I made but it was quite small and awkward. I wanted a porch-like step and some more storage so I picked up an inexpensive rack from Harbor Freight, used the Sawzall on it and was able to telescope it to make it only as deep as the box on the left. I then bolted it back together, cut the long tube that goes into the hitch receiver and welded the rack portion to the top of the portion that goes into the receiver so I gained 2" in ground clearance. I used an old ammo box on the right for more storage, added two 5 liter surplus gas cans...one for white gas and one for unleaded (white seems to be hard for me to find south of the border). Even though I have a dual fuel stove (white and/or unleaded) I like to mix some white with the unleaded since it burns cleaner. I made a couple of leveling blocks and they fit right in and everything locks up with a cable and padlocks.....works nice.
Brian

Thanks for posting pictures Brian.. Your rig looks great. We are stealing your idea and purchased our own hitch cargo carrier. We are going to have a taller steel storage box on the right up to our window probably. Our door swings out opposite. We are also gonna keep our Jerry cans on it. Great Set Up. I like how it doubles as a step in the middle.
Thanks again, Happy Camping!!!!

Smileyd....Good for you. I love mine....You can sure get heavier duty carriers than the one we bought as well. If I had been going to carry much more weight than I do, I would have gone heavier duty.
Brian

Back
Top Bottom