Atwood Furnace Sail Switch

damonhowatt

Hi to the forum members. I have a 2015 FWC Fleet on a Tacoma. The furnace is not working. The local rv repair place said the blower motor was not blowing hard enough to activate the sail switch. The furnace is discontinued and no parts are available. They want an insane amount to install a new furnace. Has anyone else dealt with this before? Any ways to modify the sail switch? Thank you in advance.

Steve.

This topic has been addressed in a billion threads here. (My) short answer, that many others have also recommended, is to take out the corrugated “dryer” hose from the furnace to the grill on the cabinet. It allows the blower to run just enough faster to activate the sail switch. This totally worked for me. YMMV.

Charlie said:
This topic has been addressed in a billion threads here. (My) short answer, that many others have also recommended, is to take out the corrugated “dryer” hose from the furnace to the grill on the cabinet. It allows the blower to run just enough faster to activate the sail switch. This totally worked for me. YMMV.
Charlie I'll have to remember that. Thanks.
That's an easy fix.
Frank

I'm guessing he has the Suburban furnace, not the atwood. No corrugated hose to remove and the sail switch is located in the rear.

craig333 said:
I'm guessing he has the Suburban furnace, not the atwood. No corrugated hose to remove and the sail switch is located in the rear.
A 2015 should have the Atwood as the OP stated, mine does.

Have you tried cleaning the sail switch? That would be the first thing to do. FWC has a video explaining how to do it.

Dean

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom