August 3rd - 8th

Cort

Captain Moderation
Hey Everyone,

Looks like I will have some free time between Aug 3 and Aug 8th. I was thinking it would be nice to get together with some folks from this forum. Is anyone going to be out wandering around? I have not really thought about where I am going to go but its no big deal for me to travel 12 or so hours from home. When I am out exploring I usually don't like to be to stationary and tend to want to move camps each day but I can be talked into hanging around camp....especially if there is good beer. Fishing, hiking, and rafting are all on the table.

Anyone interested in meeting up?

Cort

Geez twist my arm........ I'm a likely yes on this. I had some tenative plans around that time - I'll let you know when we finalize the plan. Out of curiosity - what's it like in your neck of the woods at that time? Too hot? Any good dispersal camping areas where we might be able to have a fire?

I'm heading out but about 1200 miles away in the San Juans of SW Colorado :)
I'm tracing the Rio Grande from S. NM to the source, over the mountain from Eureka, anyone can join in.
934669858_VXWuj-M.jpg

Out of curiosity - what's it like in your neck of the woods at that time? Too hot?

Arcata hot? There's an oxymoron. Pretty sure Arcata is on the coast a little above Eureka. Actually pretty close to Gold Bluff's beach I think.

Arcata hot? There's an oxymoron. Pretty sure Arcata is on the coast a little above Eureka. Actually pretty close to Gold Bluff's beach I think.

I was thinking he was up in the mountains a bit towards the Trinity Alps.

I'm heading out but about 1200 miles away in the San Juans of SW Colorado :)
I'm tracing the Rio Grande from S. NM to the source, over the mountain from Eureka, anyone can join in.
934669858_VXWuj-M.jpg

Hey, Barko, did you know the Rio Grande used to have its source in Leadville? That's where Ski3pin, His Lady, and I are going to meet up in a few days. Come on up.

Hey, Barko, did you know the Rio Grande used to have its source in Leadville? That's where Ski3pin, His Lady, and I are going to meet up in a few days. Come on up.

I guess Leadville drains to the Arkansas?? Something must have shifted :eek: I'm home here until the 28th and then i'll head that way towing a trailer with an atv and cycle.

yep I am up Hwy 299 about halfway to Willow Creek. 95F today...but we are on Redwood Cr so a quick dip solves most problems. Its been pretty hot up here lately but I think it is going to cool off a bit.

Dirty Dog you were asking about places local here; there is some good dispersed camping and boondocking to be had in Six River NF and well as Klamath.....Let me pick my brain and I will see what I can come up with. A loop out FS 1 (Titlow Hill) to FS 6 and eventually to Hyampom would be nice. Could then move on to the Upper Trinity (Hwy3), Scott Mountain area....then down the Cal Salmon (Salmon River Rd), ending with a few days on the Klamath (Hwy 96). Let me pick my brain and go through some maps and I will see if I can come up with anything good. For some reason it always seems more difficult to put together trips in your own backyard.

Cort

Back
Top Bottom