Auto Logout?

Some of my antivirus software like to delete cookies. Maybe I'm doing it on a fairly regular basis and didn't even think about it.

I'm being logged out on my iPad but my laptop running Win7 is fine. Using Chrome on both.

craig333 said:
Some of my antivirus software like to delete cookies. Maybe I'm doing it on a fairly regular basis and didn't even think about it.
That's a possibility, though AV software should be able to distinguish between "good" cookies and "bad" cookies. When my AV software runs it usually identifies and deletes a few cookies...and yet there are still hundreds of cookies saved in/by my browser, so for some reason the software only finds a few that it thinks are "mal" and worthy of deletion.

Another possibility for loss of WTW i.d. cookie is clearing the browser History, doing it manually or automatically by a browser setting. "History" can be just cached images and files -- "clearing the cache", which is a good idea now and then.
Or -- and here could be the problem: Clearing History can also include all cookies in the house cleaning.
Folks having this problem might check their settings for clearing browser history, see what's included in the clearing.

Mark, I'm on my 4th or 5th day without an issue, since I deleted the Safari cookie on the iMac. That's no issues on all three platforms (iMac, MacBook and iPad).

Back
Top Bottom