Awning installed

craig333

Riley's Human
Finally got my F35 Pro Fiamma awning. Partly installed. Still need to seal the bolts. I hope I didn't do to bad. After looking at the F45 out at ATC (/wave, thanks for the help guys) I'm wondering if I'll be happy with this one. 5'10" wide, 6'6" length. Looks kind of small in use. That plus its a good thing its not any bigger, its just about enough for one person to set up. Takes about five minutes. I'm just tall enough to do it without standing on anything. Need to go camping and see what I think now.

awning.jpg

How did you install it? Is it bolted, or just screwed into the frame? How many screws/bolts? Thanks.

I wish my camper was not on such a strict diet, I would also like to do a Fiama.

I used two small self tapping machine screws to get in position (another hand would have been nice) and decide it was correct, then added three 1/4" bolts straight through. Its not nearly as heavy as the F45. My original plan was to bolt it like this. Then I made the guys at ATC open an F45 box. Hmmm, looks like I'll need the awning rail. Well they're a bit more different than I expected. Went back to plan a. Fiamma makes a nice awning but their installation instructions and close up diagrams leave a lot to be desired. Btw, I went with the green fabric.

Awning looks good.....but what the hell is that lobster red spiky UFO on the the roof?
I want one. :D

Thats the maxtrax. Hopefully I won't give a trip report on those :unsure:

And btw, I put the legs up on the camper today. They fit perfectly onto the jack brackets. I might not even need the foot pockets though I ordered them anyway (plus the center pole which I also probably won't need but what the heck). A real advantage to having only a 5'10" awning. I really think thats going to be my preferred way of using the awning in low wind conditions.

Craig,
What did you do to miss the back latch on the passenger side. I cant see it on the photo and have wondered what others do here. Seems the awning would interfere with the latch.
Paul

Craig,
What did you do to miss the back latch on the passenger side. I cant see it on the photo and have wondered what others do here. Seems the awning would interfere with the latch.
Paul

I had to relocate the latch to the rear. Was easy.

Have you been happy with the 35? any others have input? i looked at the 45 yesterday and its pretty big and pretty much takes 2 people to deploy. wondering if the 35 is big enough…i like that its much lighter though and less expensive. thanks in advance for any input.

erod

Back
Top Bottom