Awning Ready?

CPT Davenport

El Pescador
I scheduled the date for my Hawk installation on July 20th! I have been gathering goodies to outfit the beast when she arrives. My question is regarding the roof latches and awnings. On the port side I will be installing a KickAss shower enclosure. This is small enough so I should be fine. On the starboard side I have a KickAss 79"x96" awning. The length dimension is the 79" will this be ok and not interfere with the latches? I would hate to pay another $250 for the FWC change order to move the latch.

When I had FWC install my awning, a 8 footer. The latch had to be moved forward. Relocating the latch is not a big deal, should be fairly easy to relocate.

fish more said:
When I had FWC install my awning, a 8 footer. The latch had to be moved forward. Relocating the latch is not a big deal, should be fairly easy to relocate.
How did you patch the original holes?

I have looked at the mule brackets and man that seems like a lot of $$$. My awning is also only 6.5' long so not sure the mules would work in my situation.

I'm hoping to position the awning just aft of the roof bracket. Ideally I will fab some sort of stand off that attaches right to the side of the camper. I then would attach the awning to that.

Anyone have a measurement from the rear of the camper to the edge of the roof latch?

I have 6’9” between the jack brackets (81”)
My Hawk was delivered with the passenger side (port?) brackets farther forward than the driver side. I wanted my awning on that side because I prefer to cook outside when I can and that is the side the propane tanks are on. I too went with the Mule brackets because I liked their adjustability. Yes they are expensive but I haven’t regretted that purchase.

Attachments

• 51183A65-5B6F-4C6B-AD28-649EA0D387C7.jpeg
    51183A65-5B6F-4C6B-AD28-649EA0D387C7.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 48E32C13-B612-4436-B93D-C9EA1B8E65CE.jpeg
    48E32C13-B612-4436-B93D-C9EA1B8E65CE.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 179
JWL said:
I have 6’9” between the jack brackets (81”)
My Hawk was delivered with the passenger side (port?) brackets farther forward than the driver side. I wanted my awning on that side because I prefer to cook outside when I can and that is the side the propane tanks are on. I too went with the Mule brackets because I liked their adjustability. Yes they are expensive but I haven’t regretted that purchase.
Are all new Hawks coming with the passenger side brackets moved forward?

What would be the negative of just direct bolting of the ARB to the side of the camper? If your particular camper had to have the latch moved, you could fill the holes with caulk or silicon and it would be covered by the awning.

I'm hoping to bolt the awning to the side. I'm wondering if I should make some standoffs at the attachment locations (have read posts on pine needles and debris getting trapped if it is tight to camper wall. I guess in rain then a little gap my be bad though.

The awning I got is from an Australian company with free shipping. They have good reviews, and you cant beat the price. My buddy has the shower tent and swears by it.

Awning- $199
Ensuite shower tent- $149
Shower floor basin- $79

3 item total- $427

Fiamma awning- $1,495

KLillie said:
So do you have to remove the brackets to put on your jacks?
I dont. The awning brackets use all three bolts, I only use the bottom two bolts for the jacks.

Back
Top Bottom