back to a one alaskan owner

caseboy

i just sold my '64 10'nco.it sure felt odd seeing it leave the driveway, but i sold it to a friend, so i know it will be appreciated. i miss it already, but my '75 10'co (side dinette)did so well on it's maiden voyage that i can't imagine going back.thank you so much to everyone that helped me with advice for both rigs. even my wife(who gave me the scowl when i first brought it home)shed a tear.

wes

"even my wife(who gave me the scowl when i first brought it home)shed a tear."-
All my campers have gotten the same "warm..." welcoming from my wife also, but when I sell them it sometimes takes a day before she'll even speak to me again. She (they) get very attached after having the good times/memories in them....

i sill have lots to do to finish this rig. i can't wait to get the wiring all hooked up.brighter lights would be great and even maybe a cd/radio player, and we found we need softer foam to sleep on.we found some really nice material at good will to redo the seats(26 dollars for lined drapes). it will look sharp. my paint job isn't near as nice as your's(thanks for the pics and directions). it's just rustolem gloss white enamal spray cans. it still looks pretty good in the daylight in the campground.i'm going to hand paint my emblems and re-attach.i'm just salvaged a bag awning from a tent trailer i want to give away.i need to figure a way to easily hang it on either side depending on campground.i'm a little torn between above or below the window!

any thoughts?

wes

i kept the rail also. i'm thinking about hooks on both sides to hang the rail and whole assembly on so i can switch sides easily.
thanks for the link though. i've bought stuff from them. they're great.

wes

Wes....spend a buck and install matching rails ;)...

It'll look good and you won't have to fool with it when you want to mount it on the other side...for the price of a couple in and out burgers

oh!!!man!!!!--- in and out burgers--- i need a double double now!! i never ever thought i would love a place that takes 20min to order and 20min to recieve a burger and fries due to crowds, but i love it so!!! too bad we don't have them up here.

i was worried that the bag awning wouldn't slide out of the rail easy enough. that;s why i was trying to figure a way to mount and detach fast with hangers/hooks. i'll have to try to slide it out of rail and see how easy it is. the awning is 9ft long.

wes

Back
Top Bottom