Baja - A Trip to the Tip

I have been looking forward to this TR since you said you were doing a two week trip to Baja. Your report did not disappoint. Just one thing - you can't put in a photo of a bandaged finger and then say "Don't Ask". At least we know DD didn't do it to you.
biggrin.gif

I reckon you are right Ted though the story isn't very interesting.

The trusty hound comes up to me with a big piece of wood to throw for him to fetch and I see rusty nails sticking out of the end of it so I hammer them back into the wood, all was good for awhile... until it wasn't. I hucked it good and hard but one of the nails had backed out a little and ripped the f#%k out of my finger. Oh well, Mexico, rusty nail, finger ripped open, why worry??...nuthin' good ole Dr. Tecate can't take are of! Sheesh, what a jack ass. Nobody saw that coming did they?

Side Dish
gallery_311_242_29163.jpg

What do you have there?

Thanks for spending the time to post all those pics Suni - that is one fantastic report. Man you made me hungry my mouth is watering!

What do you have there?

Fresh Mango Salsa (Pico de Gallo), and it was pretty dang good too! Thanks Aaron.

Great post Sunman, thanks for sharing. Good to hear the troubles elsewhere in Mexico have not made their way to Baja.

Sunman

That's a dream trip for me. Thanks for sharing. Great photos too.
I've spent time in Loreto, Punta Chivato, etc. and always enjoyed Baja.
To travel with a FWC camper, plus dog & co-pilot; well that's pretty nice.

I've just made the leap and have had my Hawk for over a month, but Baja will have to be
on The List.

Andy

Great report Suni. I had to get the Baja map out to follow. Someday I'll get down there in the summer and do the Pacific side.
Gota love the food and drink at Bertha's. One of my favorite spots.
I thought the copilot was flying back from Cabo. Did you forget to drop her at the airport?

Suni/J ...
Let me sum your report up in (1) word, AWESOME. I need to do a trip like that with U guy's. Thanks for the inspiration.

marc

I thought the copilot was flying back from Cabo. Did you forget to drop her at the airport?

A little persuasion on my part, i told her there was no way to see it all in a week and I really didn't want to have an itinerary. Plus, two weeks barely scratches the surface. She concurs fully now.

Sun, surf, great food, copilot along, Baja, history, relaxation.............what a great trip! Thanks for the adventure report and photos!

What a fun trip.
Baja is on my short list of trips.
How does it work with the Dog?
Do you need some papers to bring him?

How does it work with the Dog?
Do you need some papers to bring him?

Marc,
Rabies vaccination papers are technically required but I have never been asked for any of my dogs over the years.

Dude.... :bangs head on desk:

I sent a link to this thread to 3 friends who are not on WTW, but who have traveled the penninsula extensively, just so they could see the photos and feel the vibe. They were impressed and envious... just like me.

For the most part I'm very happy with the numerous trips we've made this year (even if I'm lax about sharing them anymore...) but you shame me dude. You really do...

The truck looks great with the new suspension, tires & wheels. The pooch, well he's about as cool as can be too. Good stuff all around. Nicely done, green with envy!

:cool:

Dude.... :bangs head on desk:

I sent a link to this thread to 3 friends who are not on WTW, but who have traveled the penninsula extensively, just so they could see the photos and feel the vibe. They were impressed and envious... just like me.

For the most part I'm very happy with the numerous trips we've made this year (even if I'm lax about sharing them anymore...) but you shame me dude. You really do...

The truck looks great with the new suspension, tires & wheels. The pooch, well he's about as cool as can be too. Good stuff all around. Nicely done, green with envy!

cool.gif

Geeze KC, such kind words. Thank you.

This from the guy who caused me many a restless night and drool filled keyboards dreaming about owning a FWC and touring southern Utah. I'm humbled man, truly humbled.

This does beg the question though... just when are YOU gonna finally make the pilgrimage south?

Just the smell of tequila makes me dry-heave, my Spanish vocab consists soley of menu items and I surf like a clumsy one-legged man... so I'm not sure they would even let me in Baja!

But I keep saying, "Someday..."

:)

SunMan,
Thanks for taking the time to write up the trip report. It's a beautiful place. It'll be a dream trip for me if I can ever visit that area.

Alex :)

Sunman, how's your spanish and just how much would say is necessary to have an enjoyable trip?

Craig,
It is decent but rough. I can communicate and get most any point across but I don't think it is critical for having a good trip. Does it make it easier? Sure. Bring a decent dictionary, try a little, and doors will open for you. Don't let lack of language skills dissuade you from going.

Back
Top Bottom