Bathroom area in older FWC?

hpcbmw

Advanced Member
I've got a 1980's 9' keystone that I bought to see if my wife and I like camping in it. We are pretty happy with the camper, but it's a little long for my short bed F250 pickup. With the tailgate down, it sticks out about 2". I wont be replacing the pickup anytime soon, so I might be looking for a shorter camper. My wife really likes the 2'x 2' "bathroom" area for the porta potty (just to the right when you enter the camper). If I get a shorter camper, will I lose the bathroom area? I won't be spending over $2,000.00 for a replacement camper, so I only need info on older campers. Do the older 7' and 8' models have a porta potty area?

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• DSCN0273.JPG
    DSCN0273.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 117
I've got a 1980's 9' keystone that I bought to see if my wife and I like camping in it. We are pretty happy with the camper, but it's a little long for my short bed F250 pickup. With the tailgate down, it sticks out about 2". I wont be replacing the pickup anytime soon, so I might be looking for a shorter camper. My wife really likes the 2'x 2' "bathroom" area for the porta potty (just to the right when you enter the camper). If I get a shorter camper, will I lose the bathroom area? I won't be spending over $2,000.00 for a replacement camper, so I only need info on older campers. Do the older 7' and 8' models have a porta potty area?

Thanks for any input!

I have a Hawk with a dinette and have my porta potty just to the right of my read door. You can see it in the attached picture of my Hawk when I changed the door out for one with a screen. When the dinette is converted to a bed the last pad covers the porta potty.
no door.jpg

Also, be sure that the replacement camper will fit your truck bed. Trucks and campers have changed sizes a lot during the 90's. FWC has a good fitment chart on their web site.

~DR

Back
Top Bottom