Batteries

Mic

Advanced Member
I have a 2014 Eagle, almost one year now! Have camped in it 35 nights. I have been super happy with my choice.
My last trip out I found that my batteries just weren't holding a charge. I have two batteries and the solar charger.
Any way pulled the batteries out had them tested and BOTH were bad. FWC set me up with the battery folks and I now have two new ones...easy process!
But was kinda thinking they should have lasted a bit longer...
Don't think I have been hard on them...always garage storage and plug in the unit when not using it.
Any input would be great,
Thanks

The most common problem with early battery failure is incomplete charging or depleting them too far.

What solar setup do you have?
What uses power in your camper? Compressor fridge?

Did you use any other means to charge your batteries on a regular basis besides solar?

It's a great idea to try and figure out what caused it because they may not replace the batteries again.

What Dr.J said is true—it's critical for batteries to regain full charge (at least 13.5 volts) as frequently as possible whether or not they are being used. If you've camped in it 35 nights over a year you should have easily maintained sufficient voltage between trips if everything is working properly. So you should check your charging system carefully.

Maybe they are just "bad" batteries.
My house battery is 6 years old and working great.
It does stay charged when the camper isn't in use,through the solar system.
Along with the truck battery.They both get charged when the sun is out.
Frank

PS Hope I haven't jinxed them by bragging about how they have worked.

Back
Top Bottom