Battery Separator

The Saints

So what is the story for the Cooper Bussmann battery separator? I guess those of us who have them have to replace them. But do we get the new one before we have to get rid of the old one so we can still camp while waiting?
Any thoughts?

So what is the story for the Cooper Bussmann battery separator? I guess those of us who have them have to replace them. But do we get the new one before we have to get rid of the old one so we can still camp while waiting?
Any thoughts?

Scott again.Check the thread sure power 1314 separator recall under truck campers.Or call me # at pm.

frank

Woo Hoo!!! I got lucky. My serial number was not one of the affected groups. So basically I have to do nothing, I can do that.

Scott,
We checked the dates of all the campers we have sold and contacted all of the campers that might have been in the recall. We also have found a new seperator that will work in our campers. We are testing them now. Have a nice day. Marty

Thanks Marty,
Mine seems great. I had a separator with a serial number in the ok or safe batch. Let me know if you think I should replace it though.
Scott

My 1314 was on the recall list. I noticed that it got real hot! I am waiting for the $80 refund in the mail. I purchased the SUREPOWER 1315-200 instead. I didn`t want to wait until the end of September to get my replacement. I am very happy with SUREPOWER`S customer service. They sent me a UPS return label and I sent it out today.

Help!!!
One of my customers has tried for several weeks to get a hold of the SurePower folks regarding the recall. Have any of you been having a similar problem and if so how did you solve it?
Thanks for any help.

When I called I had no problem getting a hold of the woman handling the recall. When she told me that there was not going to be a fix for sometime I went down to my local marine supplier and bought the one that they had. It was old enough that it was not on the recall list. When I was down there last they had a few more and neither of them were on the recall list either.

Cort

Help!!!
One of my customers has tried for several weeks to get a hold of the SurePower folks regarding the recall. Have any of you been having a similar problem and if so how did you solve it?
Thanks for any help.

Yes Jay.I have talked to Judy at Sure Power many times since this whole recall started.Last time was an e-mail last week asking when the refund was coming.The answer was they need to set up some sort of site to issue it.Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.I sent back my recalled unit for a refund back in july.Good thing Marty was on the ball and offered the isolator they are now using.It works great and doesn't get hot at all.So what can we do about Sure Power?

Tell your customer to forget Sure Power and get the unit from Marty.

Frank

Yep, SUREPOWER told me the same as above. They said the refund was sent out on September 28th.....I`m traveling and haven`t been to my PO box in over 6 weeks. They sounded genuine when I spoke to the rep. We`ll see! I have a friend picking up my mail in mid November. I`ll let the forum know.

Yep, SUREPOWER told me the same as above. They said the refund was sent out on September 28th.....I`m traveling and haven`t been to my PO box in over 6 weeks. They sounded genuine when I spoke to the rep. We`ll see! I have a friend picking up my mail in mid November. I`ll let the forum know.

LTZ you should have gotten it by now.Surepower did get the refund center set up.I received mine shortly after I talked with Judy over a month ago.Has anyone else received theirs?
Frank

Just an update. I requested a refund. I have delivery confirmation the unit was delivered to Sure Power on Oct 6, 2011. Let's see how long this takes. I'll keep you posted.

came today

gallery_1902_252_70503.jpg

Just waiting for my friend to go to my PO BOX and sift through my mail in the next couple of days!

Yep,

As advertised, I received my $80 reimbursement from Surepower for the recalled 1314 separator. They sent it out at the end of September. Finally went to my PO BOX and picked up my post.

Back
Top Bottom