Be careful out there....

That is a really sad and scary story.

I made a small donation through the paypal link on their blog, thinking that was the best way I can help at this point.

I follow them on Wordpress and when I read their story, I just couldn't believe the mob mentality they encountered. The only trouble they had until this was a surly border guard who wanted money and his watch if I remember correctly. Just a different mentality where they ended up. Thanks for making a donation. I posted a link on FB both on my own page and the Truck Camping group. There travels make an interesting read.

Yea, that was very terrible to hear. Some people out there are just bad news. Can't believe how such a large group ganged together in some innocent people. I really hope it works out for them.

I've been wondering what the campesinos had to say about what happened. If my poor spanish is correct, they thought they were rustlers (!?!) Hard to believe that....sounds like a poor excuse for what happened.

I can not steam video, (stupid slow internet) what does it say?

video: American tourists robbed, beaten in Peru
Three American travelers from Wyoming were on vacation in Peru, hiking near Machu Picchu, when they were confronted by villagers who beat them with rocks and ransacked their vehicle, causing them to need over 100 stitches between them. NBC’s Contessa Brewer reports.

A link to pictures: http://www.caretas.com.pe/Main.asp?T=3082&w=1&idG=62423&Idx=0#top

74204-n8Ix7Ig1Ew7Pe4X.jpg

Back
Top Bottom