Beach Camping Fort Bragg or south

Darryla

Does anyone have any recommendations in regard to camping on or near the beach Fort Bragg or south above Bodega bay. I am thinking of going up there this weekend for a one nighter.

Please let me know?

Darryl

Wrights Beach is betwixt Bodega Bay and Jenner. Can camp right on the edge of the beach. Just returned from a 3 nighter there with wind and rain and even some sun.

Cool little campground with excellant view of the Sonoma coast. I easy, but long hike along the cliff tops down to Goat Rock, Arch Rock and the Russsian River.

Here is the evidence.

BTW, just many arched rocks are there in California?

Phil

Attachments

• wrights beach 4.jpg
    wrights beach 4.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 457
  • wrights beach 3.jpg
    wrights beach 3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 482
  • wrights beach 2.jpg
    wrights beach 2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 468
  • wrights beach.jpg
    wrights beach.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 468
It was not full but the beach site are very limited and I would recommend a reservation to make sure you can get the beach site. The other sites there are just a stones throw away and a bit more sheltered.

Phil

Darryl,
$35 for this little site at Wrights beach...it was just a stop and flop for us last year..we were disapointed in the cost...nice site though.

TT

Attachments

• DSCN2670.jpg
    DSCN2670.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 452
  • DSCN2669.jpg
    DSCN2669.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 428
Darryla

Just south of Ft Bragg, about 10 mi., Van Damme St. Beach is right across from Hwy 1 with nice camp spots but you will probably need reservations. If they are full they will let you stay in the parking lot across the street for the night which is pretty nice as you can park right next to the sand. Also in the little town of Casper their is a private camp ground next to the beach.

marc

About 15 miles above Fort Bragg is Westport Union campground. Up on a cliff instead of on the beach, but good views. No reservations and minimal costs.

I forgot to mention "Russisn Gulch State Beach"which has camp sites right up from the beach and which is also a great place to launch kayaks. The pic below is was taken S. of FT. Bragg

Attachments

• 2008_0217682Xtrap0023.jpg
    2008_0217682Xtrap0023.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 368
Gold bluff campsite

Gold Bluff beach camp ground is great. On the beach often with tule elk around. This in the Prairie Creek camp area. It can fill up on weekends though.

Back
Top Bottom