Bed extension and insurance questions

Coasty

I bought a 22 Cougar that doesn't have the bed extension. Does anyone have pics they can share of their bed extension? I'm curious how thick the wood is that is used for the extension portion so it doesn't flex.

Also curious about whether or not you have your camper insured and if so, with whom and how much do you pay a year? Our insurance company said it's not an option to insure it

Bed extension - I don't have a great picture. This one was for my awning bolts...

I think the plywood thickness is probably 3/8 and no more than 1/2 inch. You might call ATC and check for sure. It is an 18" extension and is supported on both long sides, by the end piece and resting on the overhang. The foam cushions are in two pieces for transport. If you can figure out a way to make it one long piece, it would be more comfortable. My hip sinks into the crack between the two cushions.

20210508_153150-L.jpg

Coasty said:
I bought a 22 Cougar that doesn't have the bed extension. Does anyone have pics they can share of their bed extension? I'm curious how thick the wood is that is used for the extension portion so it doesn't flex.

Also curious about whether or not you have your camper insured and if so, with whom and how much do you pay a year? Our insurance company said it's not an option to insure it
Welcome to the cult.
Get in touch with Marty at ATC,he can give you the info you need.

I have Allstate and with the camper on always, it's not covered by homeowners insurance.
I have separate coverage for a stated value.I valued my ATC Bobcat at 12K my yearly premium
is around 160$.

Frank

i built out a Cougar shell and the bed extension is 1/2" plywood with oak boards for the slides and a cut down 2x4 for the front piece. it is very solid and does not flex at all.

I appreciate the insurance info, I did get it sorted out with our insurance and it wound up cost $250 a year.

Taku, when you say front piece, do you have a piece of wood supporting the bed extension where it meets up with the bed or just along the sides of the camper?

Coasty said:
I appreciate the insurance info, I did get it sorted out with our insurance and it wound up cost $250 a year.

Taku, when you say front piece, do you have a piece of wood supporting the bed extension where it meets up with the bed or just along the sides of the camper?
the 1/2" plywood slides almost all the way out, and rests on the fixed part of the cabover, with about a 1" overlap. That's what makes for the uneven sleeping surface some have mentioned. It also rest of the side sliders, AND has a 3/4" thick 4" high piece of oak the width of the camper at the side that doesn't slide under the mattress. A picture would be better, but I no longer have a pull out bed.

Vic Harder said:
the 1/2" plywood slides almost all the way out, and rests on the fixed part of the cabover, with about a 1" overlap. That's what makes for the uneven sleeping surface some have mentioned. It also rest of the side sliders, AND has a 3/4" thick 4" high piece of oak the width of the camper at the side that doesn't slide under the mattress. A picture would be better, but I no longer have a pull out bed.
Thanks Vic, that's great information and what I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom