Bed Slide Bump Stops

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
ATC uses a simple approach for a bump stop on the end of the slider support rails for the slider board under the bed cushions - a round rubber piece held in place by a wood screw. I found the repeated pressure from the slider when the bed was pulled out crushed and ultimately destroyed the rubber stop and the wood screw would then cut into the oak board along the end of the slider. I replaced the round rubber pieces once before I embarked on a more permanent fix. Using scrap items I had around the shop, I fashioned an end piece out of ebony and glued it to end of the oak slider support. I drilled an 1.5 inch deep .25" hole down through the top of the ebony and into the oak. This was for a round brass rod for reinforcement to keep repeated use from popping the ebony off. I recessed the end of the brass into the ebony .050" so I could inlay a mother of pearl dot on top of the brass. The oak and ebony was sanded and two coats of polyurethane applied. The inside edge of the ebony was lined with heavy felt. Here's the result -

Camper-Mar2021-001-copy.jpg

Camper-Mar2021-002-copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom