Bedding

CPT Davenport

El Pescador
In our FWC Hawk we have the king size be option. We really enjoy the N-S orientation and the abundance of space it offers for two. My wife is growing weary of needing to deploy a sheet every night. The crawling and tucking dance right before bed time is getting old. Right now we have a bottom sheet, top sheet and a comforter.

What are y'all using for bedding???? I'm trying to find a king size double sleeping bag, but all I can find is queens. I like the idea of just being able to roll out a bag, crawl in and crash. Looking for something extra large so we can stretch out.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I believe RVSuperSack replaced the old Travasak sleep system. Take a look and see if that would work for you.

Edit: Correction on the name, it’s RVSuperbag.
In our All Terrain Campers, Julie and I have used the RVSuperbag for 14 years. We sewed up two or three sets of flannel/fleece sheets that we enjoy sleeping in that fit the Superbag. On longer trips it is easy to pull them out and wash when we stop and do laundry.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I believe RVSuperSack replaced the old Travasak sleep system. Take a look and see if that would work for you.

Edit: Correction on the name, it’s RVSuperbag.
Are you guys able to close the top with this on the bed? I have the king size so extra cushions exist.

Cpt Davenport said:
Are you guys able to close the top with this on the bed? I have the king size so extra cushions exist.
I don’t own one, but my double sleeping bag is fine in the ATC Cougar. We travel with the bed extended, so there is only a single layer of cushions.

We have a Slumberjack Bonnie and Clyde 30/40 Double Wide Synthetic Sleeping Bag which we find plenty warm and comfortable. I think it is more an oversize queen but we are both large framed people and sleep on a California King bed at home. This bag works well for us.

Dimensions are ‎68 x 78 x 68 inches. An RV King is about 72" x 80" and an RV Queen is 60" x 75" according the the chart at the following link.

https://www.usnews.com/360-reviews/sleep/mattress/mattress-sizes

Edit: I just searched for this bag online and I am not sure it is made anymore I did find a couple of sites that list it but it does not appear in the list of bags at the Slumberjack site. ;-(

Thanks! I ordered the RVsuperbag, King with the fancy 700 count sheets. I will update with a review once it arrives and we get some miles on it.

Cpt Davenport said:
Thanks! I ordered the RVsuperbag, King with the fancy 700 count sheets. I will update with a review once it arrives and we get some miles on it.
Good luck with your purchase and hope all goes well! :)

RV Superbag arrived yesterday! I'm very impressed with the quality at first inspection. We opted for the king size and the 725 thread count sheets. PLENTY of room for both of us. It should fit just right on the king size, hawk slide out. Can't wait for the first night filed test! I'm able to place 3 of the extra cushions stacked on the sink/stove counter and the 4th on the bench seat against the cab while traveling. The Superbag will stay on the bed folded in half with the bed fully pushed forward. When we pop up, all cushions live on bed. When it is time to retire, we extend the bed, place the cushions and simply flop over the Superbag. This should avoid the need to crawl all over the bed late night trying to get the fitted sheet tucked in and wrestle with the rest of the bedding. I have never seen a double sleeping bag this BIG! It also has two different levels of insulation, summer and winter. When it is cold, you can flip it so the winter side is on top. We shall se how she performs.

Back
Top Bottom