Beginning to Troubleshoot Intermittent Electrical Failures....Iota?

Ruck_and_Roll said:
thanks! I'll check it out. Does anyone know what the ones being installed in new FWCs are rated? I imagine 250 amp is probably overkill....

-Luke
Are you asking about the wires in new FWC, and their rated amps? For just the solar wires? Well, standard wiring on almost ALL solar panels in 10 AWG, which is rated for 30A or so. No point in going bigger than that.

More just curious the recommended rating for a bus bar for negatives that FWC currently uses and installs in their new models.

This is the way I am conceptualizing it (with my limited electrical knowledge), the bus bar is "rated to the max amps"

So I would need to purchase one that could handle any lead that doesn't have anything greater than 250 amps. Anything currently installed in my camper comes nowhere close to reaching that based on wiring size and length.

My truck and solar wiring is 10awg but plan to upgrade truck size to 4 or 6 at some point. Even if I consider the length of the run I don't myself ever getting close to 250amps. The other big power source would be the converter but that is 10 awg wiring too, so I guess it doesn't really matter....

The price difference between the 150 amp and 250 amp bus bars isn't huge, probably just going down an unneccesary "rabbit hole". :D

Back
Top Bottom