Best helper springs for 2010 Tacoma w eagle

shear

So I need to add some suspension to my truck. Have stock w timbrens now and it's riding rough and lower. Best cheap and sustainable combo? There's too much info to really get a firm grasp on what's best. I am off-road a lot right now and likely the camper will be mounted at least 3/4 time. Thanks!

Did a little research. I see that Hellwig made a specific 5 leaf spring pack for Tacomas with a FWC. How has this worked for people? it's the 1906 Spring Pack.

Is this better than simply getting a helper spring?

I went with OME heavy front and rear with the extra leaf in the rear on my Tacoma and Eagle combo. Not sure what you mean by cheap but the ride is great. I started off with just airbags but that didn't give me the ride I wanted.

We purchased a fully loaded Fleet last year and started off with Firestone airbags #2407 and Michelin #LT245/75R16/E120/116R tires...this combo worked great.

With the pending leaf spring recall, we went forward with swapping out the OEM leaf spring packs for General Spring #90-297HD leaf (3+1) springs and Bilstein #24-186728 shocks on the rear. The ride is much stiffer and the need for airbags is much less and perhaps overkill. The new springs jacked the unloaded Tacoma bed by +1.75 inch (at the axle) without the camper. With the camper installed and loaded with gear, the Tacoma bed drops by -1.25 inch ... to the approx level with the OEM springs without the camper. The springs certainly hold their own and the Bilsteins control the bounce very well. All the above was tested out on a 3700 mile trip last month.

If you make suspension changes that raises your truck...keep an eye on your brake lines length.

Hopefully, when Toyota leaf spring recall plan rolls out, we will be able to get reimbursed on the leaf springs.

Back
Top Bottom