Best method for shifting/moving camper in the truck bed?

shear

I noticed that my camper has shifted over to one side of the bed and I'd like to try and get it back centered if possible.

Anyone have a method that works well and doesn't involve taking it off and putting it back on?

Thanks!

I just shifted ours yesterday. I barely lifted it, then pushed it slightly and lowered a back corner down, barely. I used a piece of fencing wood to gently pry it over. Did the same with the front, but there’s no safe way to pry so I had my wife lower while I nudged it. That took a couple tries. Then I lowered the other corners and checked. It went pretty fast.

The good folks at Hallmark taught me to lift the camper slightly off the bed and use a rubber mallet on the jack at ground level. A couple of light taps easily moves the camper provided it is on a stable flat floor, like concrete.

Yeah our drive way is not flat and is older brick. I think this is why I can never quite get it perfectly centered. I noticed it was maybe an inch from the rubber stops on one side and touching on the other, and it shifted to one side. I'll put the jacks back on and see about lifting it a touch.

Protect the bricks with some plywood under the jack foots. Might slid sideways easier than on ruff brick. As mentioned slightly lift camper that allows the camper to be pushed around. Using the bump the jack foot over works as mentioned need to slide on a smooth surface to prevent damage to jack tube.

After you get it here you want it, it very will likly mover around again. Different tightness of turnbuckle alow movement. A spray in bed liner adds enough ruff contact pressure helps prevent camper sliding around.

Some people use some wood shims between camper walls and bed areas to fill in the void space preventing camper moving sideways.

It's been a while... But as I recall I used a come-along connected to the camper jack bracket and the other end connected to a sturdy tree.
Then winch, winch, winch...

Yea, but its not cheap. I use them when I load or unload.

i-HNbVpCD-XL.jpg

Bond, Material Handeling Dolly LINKY

I do it like like Mark but instead of a come-a-long I use the winch on the Jeep. Only had to do it twice.

Once you get it where you like, put shims in to help keep it in place.. I use 2x4s in the front between the camper and the truck bed walls.. and in the back a 2x4 between the camper and the tailgate opening.. works perfect, camper does not move at all...

So I got it shifted. Wound up removing turnbuckles and putting one jack on to use as a handle. Took hardly any effort to slide it over and back with just a little pulling.

Back
Top Bottom