Big problem

bajarick

Hi. Got to a campsite and putting up the top the front left side went too far. Won't go up or down. At least got the pins in the other three corners. Getting cold but we'll make it through the night. ANY suggestions welcome!

Do you happen to have any pics of the situation? I think they'd be very helpful in trying to diagnose it.

Got it down. Someone had some 2x6 for levers. Took the rams off and put back in. O ring scrunched up. Wasn't pretty but...

bajarick said:
Got it down. Someone had some 2x6 for levers. Took the rams off and put back in. O ring scrunched up. Wasn't pretty but...
Great to hear you were able to address the issue on the site and were able to move your Alaskan lowered.

Do you think it simply got stuck and then racked the pistons such that one side got "scrunched up" or are you of the opinion that its a different issue? I ask as... the first couple times my Alaskan's top lifted it did so at odd angles; until I got sufficient lithium grease in the slides. Although the past few lifts went flawlessly, a bit of a perfectionist I'm always trying to understand whats working and whats not working.

I'd love to see some pics if you have any. Very educational. Thx in advance!

Back
Top Bottom