Big Sur

Mi Amigo

Looks like you and the "G" man had a great time. That part of the central coast is awesome. Thanks for the great pics and write up.

marc

Great report, Sol.
That final camp site with the cove view is hall of fame.
What perfect FWC territory.

Great trip and report Sunman! Thanks for sharing ,I hope to see that area in person someday.

You're an inspiration....

SunMan, love the pictures and write-up, that's beautiful county! How's the crowds in the Summer? Would you recommend it for a Summer trip?

The pictures your Tundra/FWC setup was huge influence while I learned and then planned our purchase :thumb:.

SunMan, love the pictures and write-up, that's beautiful county! How's the crowds in the Summer? Would you recommend it for a Summer trip?

The pictures your Tundra/FWC setup was huge influence while I learned and then planned our purchase :thumb:.

Muchas gracias for the comments GSB. Couldn't say regarding Summer, never been during that time. I'm sure it is CROWDED...You should prolly look into making reservations now for the Summer. As for the remote spots I couldn't say either, first come first served. Hope you make it there, it is one special place.

SunMan
Great adventure and pictures. I would recommend a spring trip when the flowers are in bloom. I went to San Antonio several years ago when the lupine were in bloom and it was beautiful with the blue/purple carpet. By luck the Monterey symphony was performing in the mission that afternoon. It was a magical day.

Dick

incredible pics of Big Sur

Phenomenal pics of Big Sur. I explore the back roads of Big Sur frequently (and surf Willow Creek a lot as well) and would be stoked to know the specifics of where that campsite is that sits above Sand Dollar Beach as well as any other 'secret' sites you know of above Big Sur. Thanks much!

And BTW - the forest service has just closed most of the roads in the Los Padres Nat'l forest and Ventana Wilderness in the Big Sur area as they anticipate lots of erosion and land slide activity as a result of all the fires over the summer.

Gmanako,
The site is off of Nacimiento Road, and is called Prewitt Ridge. The route is pretty well marked and there is also quite a bit of info on the web.
You are correct about the closures, hope to get back up there as soon as it is opened again.

PM me if you need any more info and welcome to the board!

Sunman, Have they closed all of the campgrounds? I'm interested in Kirkcreek, I would be driving up the coast and not taking the inland route across the base from Paso Robles. Thanks, Terri

Terri,
To my knowledge only the primitive sites in the mountains are closed, not the coastal sites. Couldn't hurt to call the King City Station for the latest info though.

BTW, Limekiln was closed while I was up there, not sure why or for how long.

Sunman, thanks for your reply. Limekiln is one of my favorite stops, I wonder why they closed it? Thanks again, Terri

Back
Top Bottom