Bike rack on a flatbed?

rando

We need a bike rack for our Fleet flat bed to carry two bikes (primarily 2 full suspension MTBs). I have seen a fleet flatbed/Tacoma cruising around Boulder with a 1Up rack on the back:
https://www.1up-usa.com/product/2in-heavy-duty-double-bike-rack/

But I have never actually seen it with bikes in the rack, just with the rack folded up. Has anyone tried this, or other hitch mount, tray style bike racks with a flatbed? My concern is whether the tray is far enough out from the back that the handle bars clear the rear wall of the camper.

1Up and other bike rack sites, like Kuat, have fitment diagrams on their website with exact dimensions shown, so you can check the rack dimensions prior to purchase. You'll have to assess your own bikes dimensions.

1up also sells a hitch extension. Great rack by the way, beautifully constructed.

I just bought a 1up rack to carry my fat tire bike and am very impressed with it. It's very well made and so easy to use. I have a chevy with a hawk on the back. I also have the harbor freight 2" receiver extension with a step on it. The handlebars clear the camper and the door opens far enough to get in.

rustytinbender said:
I just bought a 1up rack to carry my fat tire bike and am very impressed with it. It's very well made and so easy to use. I have a chevy with a hawk on the back. I also have the harbor freight 2" receiver extension with a step on it. The handlebars clear the camper and the door opens far enough to get in.
Pictures? Did the handlebars not clear without the extend on? Thx

I have a Yakima hold up2. My f150 hitch is class IV, step extension reduces carry weight by 50%. Just clears front hand grip. Estimated: Carring bikes and rack 150lbs. Also use limit straps and hitch locking bolts to steady load.

Back
Top Bottom