Blasphemy! Considering a travel trailer?

Should I sell the FWC & Buy a Travel Trailer?

• Total voters
x2!

I think we would care.....but certainly understand. Possibly starting a family? That is a huge step. Good for you two and best of luck!

Thanks Ski!

If we want to stay in an area for an extended period to explore the sights, etc., the trailer is the choice. If we want to boondock for a few days or travel fast to something, the ATC is the choice.

Yeah I agree. One of the reasons I bought the FWC was that I thought if I'm going down to run the Tuolumne or Merced for a weekend I wouldn't drag a travel trailer for just one night or two on the bookends of the trip but I would put the FWC on but that is not turning out to be the case because of the PITA of getting it on and off.

Not saying anything that hasn't been before...but my 2¢ anyway
cool.gif

The reason I sometimes wish I had a trailer:
The ability to drive off from camp without having to pack up.
huh.gif
)

Yup that is my issue. Last time we were out I wanted to go grab a six pack from the store but it meant completely striking camp. The motorcycle is an interesting idea but I want to make my system simpler right now not more complex :)

So.. why not mount it to the trailer you currently have? or hit craigslist and find a truck bed trailer ( most r very cheap) and mount it that? that way you could tow your camper, set it up, unhook the trailer and still have your vehicle to drive? Just a thought..

So.. why not mount it to the trailer you currently have? or hit craigslist and find a truck bed trailer ( most r very cheap) and mount it that? that way you could tow your camper, set it up, unhook the trailer and still have your vehicle to drive? Just a thought..

Yeah I thought about that too but I figure if I'm going to tow something I might as well get more room for my towing.

Yeah I thought about that too but I figure if I'm going to tow something I might as well get more room for my towing.

I was guessing the same when I made my suggestion, but I figured that by securing the camper to the existing trailer that you could at least see if a trailer will work for where & how you want to go camping without much investment. And perhaps it will give some insight into desired and undesired trailer features.

Can you do both? My wife is estremely claustrophobic and does not like the pop up.. We bought a Springdale Rugged Terrain so she can enjoy it and we still don't have to camp in trailer parks.

If we want to take the boat, I simply double tow!!

IM002208.jpg

Can you do both? My wife is estremely claustrophobic and does not like the pop up.. We bought a Springdale Rugged Terrain so she can enjoy it and we still don't have to camp in trailer parks.

IM002208.jpg

SICK!!!!

how is it to double tow?

Cort

I don't think I've ever seen this kind of thing on the road...
blink.gif

Is this legal in many states or is it just an Idaho thing?

Can do it in KA, but I understand that it requires a non air-brake Class A license and the first trailer has to be a fifth wheel or gooseneck - can not be a tag. I believe that the second trailer must also have brakes. I don't know if the 60' OAL rule also applies or not.

I believe he is refering to the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.

Exactly. It's a shame what some of the non-natives have done to this state, but that's another topic.....

I'm not positive, but i'm pretty sure it is not legal to double tow here in CA.

When we do the Salt Lake City show each year, I will see people doing that quite often.

I think it does require a commerical driver's license.

But, I have talked with several people at the show out there in SLC that have towed 2 trailers at the same time and they said it can get scarry.

You won't be able to back up much if you had to, and it anything goes wrong (tire blow out, etc.) when you are on the freeway, you better be ready for a wild ride.

:eek:

The best part of this article is the towing doubles yes/no by state map.
http://reedbrothersd...er-towing-laws/

Good find.
I wonder why OR and WA don't allow it -- why we're different?
But, I guess it doesn't have to make sense...after all, in Oregon we're not allowed to pump our own gas, but we can kill ourselves if we have a permission slip from our doctor.

Hmmmmmmmm, who wants to answer that?

Before anyone answers...we ain't nothin' like the east coast, so don't go there.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom