Bodie After Dark

billharr

Short trip report to Bodie after Dark July 26th 2014.

med_gallery_1903_342_431771.jpg

Nice report, Bill. Glad you thought to use Aurora Cyn./Bodie Rd. to get around the 395 closure. We like that road.
If you had turned north instead of south at the Aurora/Bodie Rd. intersection, it's possible to drive around Masonic Mtn. and return to Bridgeport Reservoir.

It sounds like you found a good spot to camp, instead of the aspen grove. I like your shot^^ of the popup silhouette.

It was good to meet you Bill and your wife Veronica! Greatly enjoyed chatting with the both of you. I'm going to have to see if our local Big 5 has that table. Looked a lot more stable than the one that I had made.

No Ranger presence in the parking lot at all, at least not that I saw. I suspect a low smoke bonfire might have escaped their attention, for a while.

Talked a bit to the couple with a little one in the 3rd pop-top in the parking area. Pipe up if you're reading this. We won't bite, too much. :) Their use of the corner brackets for bike front tire mounts was pretty clever and I liked the fork-down mounting of the bikes. Makes some sense to me to do it that way.

We ended up being able to make it to our reserved camp-site. Step-son isn't a camper, but wanted to go to Bodie so we opted for a less rugged experience for his second ever camping trip. We'll have him out in the tules soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom