Bottom, front rubber molding blew off my 2014 Hawk!

GCS03

Had the Hawk since it was new (2014). Driving West on I-84, hot day out, suddenly the front, bottom, rubber molding came loose and started flopping around in the wind. Both ends we're still attached.

Took it off (had to cut one end off) and re-set it back inside the track. Everything okay for several weeks, then it detached again two days ago on anothet hot day at freeway speed.

Suggestions on how to re-attached so it doesn't come off again? Hate to use glue, but if needed will do so. Molding track is clean, without any knicks, etc.

Anyone else had thus issue?

Gary/Boise

Pulled mine loose and cleaned the backside and track and used Gorilla Adhesive along the top and bottom of the track and on the screws and re-installed. First trip and all is well. Others have removed a screw and taken to hardware to match and purchased 3, installing under each of the front marker lights and re-installed the removed one. Be careful of wires running along the front of the camper

Happens every time I head out west. Heat and sun causes the molding to expand and before long wind will force the molding out of the channel. Sounds like a someone is beating the side of your truck.

I've trimmed the molding and secured with all kinds of adhesive, but, seems to happen every summer. Definitely a problem in need of a permanent solution.

Ditto for a 2013 Fleet. Solved it by using high quality clear silcone in the small crack between the molding and channel. Not allowing the air to get in behind the molding I think helped.

The first year (2016) we had our Hawk this happened driving down I-5 on our way back to Sac in the hot, hot summer from up north. Conveniently we drive right by FWC in Woodland so under warranty they added a screw in the middle. Happened again the next year on the same drive, took it to Woodland again and they added two more screws in between for a total of five across the front. Hasn't happened again since.

Back
Top Bottom