Bought 20 to get six. . .

tnscoots

Advanced Member
Hi Folks - So, I wanted to have lock nuts for my turnbuckles (standard type) but couldn't find left-hand (reverse thread) nuts locally. A vender on EBay had them, however; so now I'm willing to share 4ea with three of ya'll. Just send your email address in a reply to this post, I'll send my physical address via email, you send me an SASE with postage for about 3oz. I'll fold the nuts in some paper and send along. If you use normal turnbuckles that are 3/8 inch with 16 threads (course) per inch, this deal's for you. Like me (cause I hadn't thought about it), and in case anyone doesn't know, one of the turnbuckle screws turns backwards compared to the other - thus, the need for left-hand nuts. Normal right-hand nuts work for the other buckle screw. Why do I need 6 nuts you may wonder? I have another pair of buckles I hope to lift the back of the Ranger with to ease the weight on the tail gate; don't know if it'll work but I gotta try.

The idea (as many do) came a post sometime back where a member tried it too, by using a piece of angle across the back; but since I attached a 1.5 inch high "riser" to the bottom of the camper, I can drill through and use eye-bolts backed by big washers and lock-nuts.

Cheers,
Tom

Attachments

• DSC00004 (3) copy.jpg
    DSC00004 (3) copy.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 103
Tom,

This was something I wondered about 15 years ago when we had our first FWC, but never pursued. I'd love to try a set to see if it works, and I'd be happy to reimburse you the purchase price as well. I'm at jonathan AT overlandexpo.com.

Cheers,

J.

Tom,
... I'd love to try a set to see if it works, and I'd be happy to reimburse you the purchase price as well...

X2. PM sent.

Folks - I've got interest in 2 of the 3 available sets of the jam nuts - any takers for the last set? Call it my small way of giving back for all I've learned from this forum.
Tom

Hi Folks - So, I wanted to have lock nuts for my turnbuckles (standard type) but couldn't find left-hand (reverse thread) nuts locally. A vender on EBay had them, however; so now I'm willing to share 4ea with three of ya'll. Just send your email address in a reply to this post, I'll send my physical address via email, you send me an SASE with postage for about 3oz. I'll fold the nuts in some paper and send along. If you use normal turnbuckles that are 3/8 inch with 16 threads (course) per inch, this deal's for you. Like me (cause I hadn't thought about it), and in case anyone doesn't know, one of the turnbuckle screws turns backwards compared to the other - thus, the need for left-hand nuts. Normal right-hand nuts work for the other buckle screw. Why do I need 6 nuts you may wonder? I have another pair of buckles I hope to lift the back of the Ranger with to ease the weight on the tail gate; don't know if it'll work but I gotta try.

The idea (as many do) came a post sometime back where a member tried it too, by using a piece of angle across the back; but since I attached a 1.5 inch high "riser" to the bottom of the camper, I can drill through and use eye-bolts backed by big washers and lock-nuts.

Cheers,
Tom

Hi Tom:

I was reluctant to ask as thought others would have jumped in first as I think your idea is brilliant. I would really appreciate them if you could do it. Just PM me and I can easily send you the money for cost and postage. Thanks so much for doing this. Murr

Back
Top Bottom