Bread's Mods

Bread

Advanced Member
Hi all,
Just want to says thanks for all the help members on this forum have given. WTW has been such a valuable resource in getting my rig ready for extended wanderings in the west and beyond. Also want to share some of the mods I've created and show some of the fun that can be had with your jack brackets.

My rig is a 2011 Tacoma with a 2014 Fleet shell purchased from Sean Dempsey at GoAnywhere

First off: the indoor/outdoor countertop

Looking to maximize space and weight and considering that most of the wife's and my meals are prepared outdoors, with the occasional cold morning coffee and inclement weather indoor cooking, I built a work surface that can do both. This indoor/outdoor countertop was inspired by the awesome camp table system fabricated by Tembo Tusk http://www.tembotusk.com

table inside a.jpg

Next, a handy bolt to the jack bracket ladder for accessing the roof and kayaks:

ladder a.jpg

work stand 2 a.jpg

I have more but my old Mac is giving me a fit with uploading pics.

Hope you enjoy. See y'all on the road!

Thanks. It's a work stand for adjusting derailers and other maintenance.

No. Easily comes on and off with one wingnut so you can use all the jack brackets to access the front and back tie downs. It stores under the roll out couch.

I like your ideas. I will definitely will be using these in the future. Do you have a quick connect on the sink drain?

No drain on the sink. It's just a basin. Can use it for lots of things including storing fruits and veggies while traveling

Nice! I made a similar counter for our camper. Haven't used it outdoors yet. How did you do the legs? Looks like there is a frame under the table. Any close up photos?

IMG_0280.jpg

Very nice! The wooden top is attached to a metal frame. I welded the nuts, that the legs screw into, to each corner of the frame. It comes out and sets up pretty easily. I'll try and take some close up photos

Thanks for sharing! Love that ladder! You could turn it horizontal and carry it between the front and rear lifter brackets. Even put it across the window if traveling to places where there is concern about a break in. Cool.

Chris

That ladder is brilliant! What type of metal (and gauge) did you use? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom