Bug Report: Remeber Me

ScottBailey

Remember me check box (at sign in) not working. Using Firefox 3.5.2 & Iceweasel (version unknown).

This seems to have happened after the "grey unread forum icons" were added/updated/fixed. 100% repeatable.

I open the page in a new tab, sign in, read a bit, and close the tab. Next time I load WTW, even if it is immediately, I have been signed out.

I didn't notice the grey icon change - would you say this has been going on since yesterday evening?

I didn't notice the grey icon change - would you say this has been going on since yesterday evening?

um.... I think so. I could be wrong about the "grey icon change" -- as in greyed out when no new messages, I thought that was new. This defect is recent, regardless, within the past few days.

DD:

OK, just upgraded from iceweasel 3.0.6 to 3.0.12 (Debian usually lags behind ab it). And then re-evaluated. Here is what I found: the main screen shows "sign in, register, help" in the upper right hand corner, making it look like I'm signed out; however, if I click "view new content", it shows my avatar, etc. in the upper right hand corner.

Maybe someone else can recreate this?

SB

I'm at work, where we only run IE 6.0, and it works/behaves correctly.

It could be the cookie settings.

@DirtyDog try changing the cookie settings as follows...
Domain: .wanderthewest.com (with both .'s)
Cookie name: forums
Path: / (or leave blank)

It will cause everyone to be logged out but after that it might fix the problem.

Since I'm about to hit the road for an extended period, I don't want to make any changes that could cause trouble. I might mess with the cookie settings when I get back.

Back
Top Bottom