Burning Man returns to the Black Rock Desert

I don't really want to go, but the way they light up the night and the amazing art uh, stuff they have is fun to watch for a few minutes at night.

craig333 said:
I don't really want to go, but the way they light up the night and the amazing art uh, stuff they have is fun to watch for a few minutes at night.
Some of the artwork is amazing, particularly since it is all temporary. I have seen photos of huge and intricate structures. To see those would be cool, but that is the only reason I would go.
I like peace and quiet and sleeping. It is my understanding that multiple camps and art cars are booming music as loud as possible 24/7. That and the idea of spending days on a desert playa in 100+ degree weather, the cost of tickets, hanging out with 80,000 people, the environmental disaster of transporting them all there and running 10,000 generators for a week, and the traffic jams are all reasons for me to stay far away.

pvstoy said:
Thanks Monty, some very cool things. Was the burning man done with drones? Amazing.
I believe so. Some of the artwork is so inventive and visual stunning. Thank god for YouTube so we can get a glimpse while keeping well well away. :)

Oh gosh, now the video is private. YouTube may have caught the bare butt on the fellow on the one wheeled contraption.

Julie and I just watched this at lunch today. Absolutely awe inspiring art! "But we're still not going." Julie closed with.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
At least we can watch the cool videos.
Lots of very interesting/inventive art.

Looks like Star Wars meets Height-Ashbury.

Ted summed it all up.

Frank
Julie says Star Wars, Haight-Ashbury, and Woodstock!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom