Busy Summer moving but here are some pictues from Spring this year

carld

Took some pictures in Dallas when we had rain and made a trip out to Big Bend, City of Rocks NM, and Shiprock. The rest of the summer spent downsizing from 4 bed 3 bath in Plano TX to a 2 bed 2 bath on an acre in Decatur TX. Anyway here are some pictures from earlier this year.

DSC04136.jpg by Carl Devendorf, on Flickr

DSC04134.jpg by Carl Devendorf, on Flickr

Visited my daughter on the Bid Island Hawaii before the volcano. This is the Milky Way on Mauna Kea.

mkc1-Pano.jpg by Carl Devendorf, on Flickr

Then my annual spring trip to Big Bend, City of Rocks State Park NM, and Ship Rock NM.

This is balanced rock in Big Bend

br1 Panorama.jpg by Carl Devendorf, on Flickr

Here is Casa Grande from Chisos Basin.

bc1 Panorama.jpg by Carl Devendorf, on Flickr

And the Southwest Rim looking toward Mexico

sr1 Panorama.jpg by Carl Devendorf, on Flickr

This is from the City of Rocks State Park in New Mexico

cra1 Panorama.jpg by Carl Devendorf, on Flickr

Then finally a revisit to Ship Rock NM to get this picture. This shot is a combination of around 64 seperate pictures 6 position panorama with 6 stacked 13 sec sky shots and 6 stacked 60 foreground shots.

sry1 Panorama.jpg by Carl Devendorf, on Flickr

This shot is a combination of around 64 seperate pictures 6 position panorama with 6 stacked 13 sec sky shots and 6 stacked 60 foreground shots.

No wonder I can't get pictures like that with my iphone :)
Nice photography, thanks for posting it.

[SIZE=10pt]It's my third try with the Shiprock picture. Before there was too much noise in the foreground. An interesting phenomenon is the green in the foreground. This was a really dark new moon night. I believe that the green is from ionization in the upper atmosphere. Normally everything is yellow and dry. The combined shot is 23664 x 6657 pixels taken with a Sony full frame a7rii and a manual focus Tokina 20mm f/2 lens. [/SIZE]

Hi Carl, absolutely beautiful photography, especially your NM night shots. A coworker and I (both from NM) were wondering if you'd share your lens, f-stop, shutter speed info. with us for those balanced rock and Shiprock pics? We're just getting into night shots and we have a lot of darkness out here in Nevada and would appreciate any help you can give us.

Thanks in advance.

These are excellent images! I can appreciate the time and effort in both capturing and processing. I particularly like the city of rocks image for the foreground lighting. It gets the perfect balance of foreground level against the starry sky. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom