CA Fleet in AK

Alaskan Snowbirds

We were driving home today and I spotted what looked like an older FWC in the Auke Bay Ferry Terminal parking lot, just North of Juneau.

We circled back and sure enough it was a Fleet mounted on a good looking dark grey Tundra with California plates. The Tundra was a short bed and the Fleet hung out the back end a bit and it was supported by a "T" welded to a hitch bar...interesting. We didn't have the camera but will try to remember it tomorrow and get a pic or two if it's still there.

That's the 5th FWC we've seen in Juneau in 25 years, including ours and one other that lives here. It's the second one this year though! Pretty darned exciting :thumb:

Happy Trails!
'birds

Everyone stopped us

When we took our fourwheel camper to Alaska 5 years ago I can't tell you how many times we were asked what it was, can we look inside, etc. It was not only fun, because I started with a shell Hawk I got to show off all that we built inside. Never made it to your neck of the woods but I bet we were one of the few that made it to Cordova. I also realized one early morning in Cordova when the wind stopped that the gnats go right through the netting. We wore out two of the bug zappers on that trip.

Back
Top Bottom