Ca. Hwy 93 Salmon River Rd. TERRIFIC!

sourdough

While out wandering N.W.ern Ca. last week. I chanced down one of the best roads I driven in a long time. Mind you, I've wandered the west for 45 years. Anyway, I drove the 93 from the Big Foot Hwy. 96 out to Hwy 3. The first half of the road was terrific and about 30 miles to Cecilville. One lane paved and mostly cliff hanging above the Salmon river. Very scenic with many pull outs and had a couple nice campgrounds too. Drove it friday around 10am and only met a couple vehicles. I mention this because some sections had no room for vehicles to pass side by side. The 2nd half of 93 (Cecilville to hwy 3) about 30 miles, was a beautiful smooth wide twisty two lane. Some great views and no traffic. If you like wandering, check this road out sometime.
Only photos I took is of this metal salmon sculpture on the Salmon River rd.
img_99582_0_21bbed9109fe660c08c8cfe6996a4c4e.jpg

and a real BIGfoot sculpture in Happy Camp, ca.
img_99582_2_2661ae1095b1c7878b2f8d11d5952403.jpg

This is a great bicycle trip, too. When living in Southern Oregon, we would often ride the Scott River Valley and surrounding areas.

Thanks for sharing!

I also did Grayback Rd. from Happy Camp into Oregon. Lot's of bicycle riders even on a Thursday.

soughdough said:
I also did Indian Creek Rd. from Happy Camp into Oregon. Lot's of bicycle riders even on a Thursday.
Any chance you took the side trip up to the fire lookout at Dutchman Peak? It has a great view of the Klamaths and Siskiyous.

Back
Top Bottom