Cabinet and counter top replacement, dual batteries, whynter 85qt fridge

brianjwilson said:
I used the blue sea 7622 (500A continuous, 2500A 10 second rating) and can connect both banks via the switch in the cab. I've left it force connected during starts but the main battery wasn't drained, so it wasn't testing the limits. My cables running to the aux bank is normally protected with a 150A blue sea circuit breaker, but can be bypassed via a blue sea battery switch if needed. Although I'm not sure of the voltage drop I'd see under the load of a starter.
That will definitely do the job

Taku said:
Nice rebuild. Will keep some of those ideas for my next one! Nice Baja pics too.
Thanks, no royalties required

Lighthawk said:
No problemo! :D :D :D

NIce work getting the job done under a time crunch!
4 looong days, start to finish. I was indecisive about tearing everything out and tried patching the old one up, then just took a hammer to it. Much happier with a clean slate.

takesiteasy said:
Very nice redo! Great write-up too. Thanks for taking the time to post progress photos. Very interesting to see the process.
Thanks, and you're welcome

buckland said:
This is great! An excellent step by step and a beautiful outcome. Beach reward too! Glad you didn't forget the opener for your stockpile. Having never been to Mexico it is way up on my list...I dream of being in the camper on a white beach like that. Where is it?
Must feel like a new camper. Any more additions be sure to post.
Lots of places, great winter destination if you want to stay warm. Baja is awsome. the further south you go, the nicer the people and weather are. Starting north of mulege theres Santa Ines , lots of places in Bahia Conception, and south of La Paz all along the east cape, los barriles, La Rivera, Los Frailes. Find a dirt road and go exploring. carry an air compressor and air down. I was running as low as 15/20 psi f/r.

cerve137 said:
What an excellent write up! Call me inspired and educated. Well done sir.
Get to work! :D

Standing in Santa Rosaliita (sp?) I once was told "All roads in Baja lead to where you're going." Makes no sense up here, makes every kind of sense down there.

Wish that I had the skill-set for cabinet work. I'd have long ago replaced ours.

Nice write-up and great finished product. Where is your water tank though? We have a 87 Grandby and will be looking at doing something similar possibly as our cabinets need a little work.

ntsqd said:
Standing in Santa Rosaliita (sp?) I once was told "All roads in Baja lead to where you're going." Makes no sense up here, makes every kind of sense down there.

Wish that I had the skill-set for cabinet work. I'd have long ago replaced ours.
Santa Rosalililita? I always get them mixed up, but that quote is golden!

Kyrazy said:
Nice write-up and great finished product. Where is your water tank though? We have a 87 Grandby and will be looking at doing something similar possibly as our cabinets need a little wor
It's under the couch in the far back right corner. Not sure if it was factory installed there, not sure if it even came with one. The camper has a water filler in the back next to the door, but it's not connected to the tank because it's located below the top of the tank. I know the tank has been replaced because it cant be filled from the outside, only from the inside due to the location of the filler on the tank itself.

Back
Top Bottom