CABINET HINGES

bike4mee

Hi 4WC folks
After a wnknd of rough roads travel the camper is perfect. I'm a little concerned about the hinges on the cabinets. They don't seem like they are built tough enough for off-road. On several cabinets the shorty screws have pulled out of the cheap particle wood they use. I guess I could buy a beefier type hinge with thicker screws. Anybody else have this problem? solutions

FWC is now using particle board in their campers?? I've had every cabinet and facing apart in my old '96 and there isn't one inch of particle board it it. Not good news...

FWC is now using particle board in their campers?? I've had every cabinet and facing apart in my old '96 and there isn't one inch of particle board it it. Not good news...

My 98 was all particle, 90% I have since replaced.

Dunno, my 99' is plywood and I don't have any hinged doors, all slider stuff.

I'd say if you are concerned maybe swap out the screws for bolts.

I have a 2003 Eagle and haven't seen any particle board yet. Its all photo-laminated plywood. I've had the face off the kitchenette, plus replaced the small slider cabinet under same and it all seemed like good stuff.

Rob

Yep! It's plywood cabinets. Sorry to call it particle board. The small screws they use are easily replaced with longer ones that I hope will hold better. I will bring a few thin bolts and nuts for blowouts in the future. Maybe if the wife wouldn't put so much sh--t in them they would not blowout. Happy travels

At least you have cabinet doors.... Mine still has the slidng doors. But as has been said, all real plywood, no particle board or OSB.

Go with longer screws and dip them in wood glue before you screw them in. Wipe off the extra and you should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom