Calendar Photo Contest

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
Several members of the WTW forum have had their photos selected for use during this annual contest.
A little over a month remains for submitting photos for the 2013 Calendar. Here are a couple of threads from WTW about previous members' entries:
Vote For Me!
Put Sunman on the Cover
If you are so inclined, go for it and get your submissions in! :)
Last year Alley-Kat was nice enough to put together our own WTW Calendar for 2012
You may not have gotten as much exposure on the WTW Calendar but you were assured a discriminating and refined audience. :)

As mentioned above, there is only about 2 weeks left to enter the TCM 2013 Calendar contest. ski3pin has posted a link. I just entered a couple of evening pix including this one that I posted on WTW a few months back. I scored a win in 2012, there is a link on there site to the 2012 images, I'm Mr. August. Let's represent for WTW.

gallery_2596_87_125804.jpg

Email the editor at TCM - angela@truckcampermagazine.com
I would suspect she would be responsive to your question. :oops:

Email the editor at TCM - angela@truckcampermagazine.com
I would suspect she would be responsive to your question. :oops:

Good suggestion. I did and deleted my post in the meantime.

Please share the response you receive.

I had deleted an earlier post where I said I probably wouldn't submit a photo since I read on this thread that TCM doesn't recognize ATC as a camper company. CraggyMan suggested I write TCM so I did and deleted my post pending the reply. Well I did hear back from Angela at Truck Camper Magazine. She said she is not allowed to comment on the forums. She said TCM does not discriminate in the calendar contest and any brand of camper can be submitted. I appreciate her getting back to me.

In the meantime, I did a search of the website and was able to find only one picture of an ATC camper- Aaron Walton's in the 2010 calendar. But the article referenced under the picture referred to an article about Aaron's Four Wheel Camper. There are evidently no articles or photos about All Terrain Campers on the website.

Reading further in the thread linked above, I found that I am re-surfacing an old topic and already identified shortcoming in Truck Camper Magazine (sorry). I guess it is now common knowledge that the magazine only publishes articles about campers from sponsoring companies (I did not know this) and All Terrain Campers is not a sponsor. If this is the magazine's policy, it is my opinion that notice should be given to readers on the home page where they say they are all about truck campers, not all about certain truck campers. Maybe it is obvious to a more perceptive reader. I personally would prefer to read a publication that looks at the entire industry and publishes unbiased information, or at the least is forthright about it's editorial policy.

Anyway, feel free to submit photos of ATC campers. Hopefully, they will publish some.

I doubt that brands of camper that TCM features has anything to do with the Calendar winners.
Craggyman won last year with a photo of his Palomino.
If someone claimed that they never win "because TCM is anti-ATC", maybe it's because of their photo rather than because of their brand.
Seems more likely to me that there are almost no ATC calendar winners because there aren't a lot of ATC owners, so relatively fewer ATC photos submitted...so it's a statistical thing, rather than a conspiracy.
IMHO. ;)

I doubt that brands of camper that TCM features has anything to do with the Calendar winners.
Craggyman won last year with a photo of his Palomino.
If someone claimed that they never win "because TCM is anti-ATC", maybe it's because of their photo rather than because of their brand.
Seems more likely to me that there are almost no ATC calendar winners because there aren't a lot of ATC owners, so relatively fewer ATC photos submitted...so it's a statistical thing, rather than a conspiracy.
IMHO. ;)

I agree about the relatively few ATC campers being a factor in the number of calendar winners (although Palomino is a sponsor so that is not a good example). My point was not about the calendar contest so much as about the magazine in general. You are likely not going to read about new or unusual campers, or small camper companies in the magazine, and that is a lost opportunity to the world of truck campers.

My point was not about the calendar contest so much as about the magazine in general. You are likely not going to read about new or unusual campers, or small camper companies in the magazine, and that is a lost opportunity to the world of truck campers.

OK...maybe. But the topic of this thread IS calendar contest, so... :unsure:

OK...maybe. But the topic of this thread IS calendar contest, so... :unsure:

Very true- I digressed. As I said earlier, everyone should feel free to submit photos, no matter what camper they have. Hopefully they will get published. :)

Back
Top Bottom